More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by xmare xmare

Who are you?

Rachel, Exhibit Curator

You put your hands on your hips, straighten your glasses and observe the chaos.

In the time it had taken for you to walk downstairs from your lab, the exhibit had turned to chaos. You know you should be concerned, since the responsibility for preservation and careful custody of these artefacts fell to you, but you can't help but be amazed.

In the years that you watched over and meticulously studied the artefacts, not a single one of them had shown any sign of activity. Yet, in front of your eyes, at least a dozen of them were doing things that hadn't been seen in, in some cases, millennia. This could not be more exciting.

You find the head of security and ask her to stop people entering or leaving until you can make sure everyone is okay. You admire her efficacy as you watch her give the order to her team and head off.

You turn to the loudest noise, the indiscriminate screams of Jessica, one of the younger volunteers. You push your way through the crowd until it parts, revealing the poor girl tightly tied in an ornate golden chain. Thick chain seemed to connect gold bands around her wrists and ankles, pulled tight behind her back, and much thinner chain wrapped around her whole body keeping her tightly immobile, squeezing her thighs in her yoga pants. One pulled tightly at her hair, pulling her head up to face forwards.

"Get this thing off of me!" Jessica wriggles and thrashes in her tight hogtie.

You kneel next to her and look up at the crowd, all of which were watching but, wisely, too scared to touch her. You recognise the chain as an ancient Egyptian device, and have read about it extensively, but nothing that can help you for now. "I'm sorry this has happened to you. It's going to be okay," you say as comfortingly as possible.

She looks up at you, exhausted and angry. "Who the hell was that guy?"

"What guy?" You look up at the crowd. "I'll have someone bring you to my office and we'll have this removed in no time. We'll check the CCTV to see who did this. Do you know where John is? Or Camille, for that matter..."

She giggles for a split second and tips her head as she says, "John's in the toilet. He'll be needing help too."

You stand up and use your radio to summon someone to move her for you while you figure out who to help next. You keep an eye out for your lead researcher. "And where the hell is Camille?!" You ask into your radio, hoping someone has seen her. If anyone can disarm these things, your researcher could. It's weird that she's not in the lab or library studying.

Anyway, people need your help.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)