More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Justagirl13 Justagirl13

Read explanation

Proceed to explanation

There are 3 key variables involved throughout this game, and it is important to keep track of them as these variables will impact the way you progress. Most decisions will notify the reader if there are any changes to each variable, although occassional decisions may change a variable without warning.

The first variable is silver, the currency of the world, some actions may require silver to perform. Earning and carefully using the silver you have is important as it can open up or limit decisions. Keep an eye out for thieves and pickpockets, you have been warned!

The second variable is Depravity. Elena's begins with 0 depravity. It is very easy to increase her depravity, however extremely difficult to lower it, so take into account what sort of character you want Elena to become. Having a higher depravation will open up some new decision choices but also remove others. Having higher depravity also changes what Elena would perceive as an acceptable action and how she will react in certain scenarios.

The third variable is Fame. Fame is how well-known Elena is. Being well-known can be a good thing, opening up new opportunities, however becoming too well-known can also make Elena a delicious target for bandits, kidnappers and others. Fame can be increased in a variety of ways, such as meeting new people, performing actions in public or completing requests from the guild. There are also other methods gain fame, however fame can only be increased, so once Elena is famous, she cannot lower her fame.

Below is a map depicting the small nation of Tariel. This is a world of magic, swords, and adventures. There are magical creatures that roam the world and other species such as elves and orcs. The prologue begins in a small village located just on the outskirts of a larger village called Gwelden. Because the village itself is extremely small it does not appear as a landmark on the map.

The majority of male humans and orcs are sexist or have a prejudice against females, keep that in mind when interacting with them, otherwise you may find yourself some unwanted trouble. A final word of advice, this is a dangerous world for a girl, other than monsters, there are also many thugs, bandits and slavers out there, so keep your wits about you, otherwise you may end up in a undesirable situation.

Read prologue

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)