More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 20 by Dr. West Dr. West

What's next?

Crawford's house

Back at her house, Marie Crawford stood in front of the countertop in her kitchen, pouring herself a generous bottle of wine while she dissected a scan of an old tome on her tablet.

The exhaustive research, which she began after leaving the school, brought up no information about any slayer being chosen without gaining some degree of power. She was contemplating giving up on it entirely, but something interesting did bring itself to her attention.

In the 19th century, there was a record of a slayer having lost her powers as a consequence of being possessed by a demon in a particular fashion. While she retained full autonomy of her body, this demon, one they came to call asmodeus, quietly feasted on her form in an attempt to ressurect itself into a physical form. The accompanied rendition of what this beast was said to look at was less than a welcoming sight.

Additionally, it seemed this demon inflicts the host with an unprecedented libido in an attempt to sexually corrupt them into becoming one of its many thralls. Now, Marie knew she it wasn't her place to pry in the personal affairs of the school's students... but such behaviour would certainly be in line with Harper's recent... attitudes towards sexual matters.

This presented quite a few issues. It seemed the more the victim indulges in carnal pleasure, the more they are lost to the demon. Naturally, there was only one way to abolish this demon. By starving it. Through abstinence.

'This isn't going to be easy,' she thought with a furrowed brow before downing the glass of red wine and quickly pouring another. She knew this was a matter of utmost urgency, and knew she would need to go find Harper. A task, as it would turn out, ended up being a lot easier than she thought.

After only a few moments between the realisation, a sharp knocking rang out at her door.

Ever paranoid, Marie grabbed a wooden stake from her cutlery drawer and made her way to the door. After a quick glace through the peephole, her edges were softened as she relaxed and drew open the door, finding none other than Harper standing in the doorframe.

Her clothes were stained with dirt and blood, her eyes swollen with tears.

"Oh my god, come in what happened to you," Crawford exclaimed in worry, ushering Harper into her home with a hand around her shoulder.

Harper only hada few words to share before collapsing on the couch she was led to.

"Killed a vampire. I'm ready to be the slayer. Help me."

I: THE GREENDALE VAMPIRE

END

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)