More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Avriit Avriit

What is Avriit's next move?

Prequel

Loki was going to the trial he'd been called forth to answer for, thinking to himself that he had yet to get used to this new name and yet he was already in trouble. He has been around since before existence existed. Not that many would see it that way. Most people, gods and humans alike, forgot that there was more the good ol "All Father" back when everything was made. Loki knew himself to be the strongest, unable to be controlled by anyone, and he prided himself on the fact that he was the primary mastermind in the creation of all things here. As he entered the hall on the plane now called Asgard, he noted the newest gods that knew not of his great deeds, and knew they only saw him as chaos. Gods never stop becoming, because the Empty's energy constantly swirls and makes conflicts and synergies that burst into thought. Loki was the first a long time ago, and if he wasn't, he had yet to find them.

Loki approaches his spot in front of the currently empty throne awaiting Odin to come out. Loki was impatiently tapping his foot in place there. He knew why he was here but didn't care what the plan was. He accidently got Baldr killed. Who knew a blind demi god would actually manage to hit a strike on someone with way more divine energy?

Suddenly, the sounds of chains rushed towards Loki, and before he could react, four chains hit and wrapped around his limbs. Looking behind him, he saw:

  • Freyja, goddess of a lot, but in this case she wore morning robes that accentuated her ties to
  • Limos, a goddess whose identity has not yet been implemented in this pantheon, but is known as a goddess of Famine by the Greeks
  • Vidar, one of Odin's children who is known for vengeance, brutality, and is often known to be a god of the Conquest, even if not mentioned
  • Tyr, a god of combat, hand to hand combat, and all out War

These four are old, but not even as old as Odin, a god Loki used to call brother. Though there were no "titans" or "giants that came before," no, it was just them from the abyss. Loki was still cocky, thinking that even enchanted chains are no match for the eldest of all, so he waited before acting against the betrayers. _Thump thump thump _Odin's footsteps could be heard on the solid wood floor before he even walked through a door behind the throne itself. He took his spot in front of the chair staring into the eyes of the god who can't do anything right. Avriit never understood why he was so strict. They make the rules and if Odin wants Baldr, he can just get him back. But to Odin it's about principle, that's why he said "Do ye know where I 'ave been, Loki?" No response was needed, as Odin threw the head of Narfi and Vali on the floor in front of Loki, though Vali's head was now that of a wolf after what Odin did to them. "Ye took me boy, so I took yours. And with those chains ye are to be bound like your others." Loki struggled, but even with all his strength something didn't let him break the chains. He felt weaker the more he tried to fight though.

Loki never thought of using this type of power, but now he is too weak to, so he will use his small remainder for something Odin is known for; a vision. Looking into the future, he sees himself being released, though under unknown circumstances, and immediately getting fuzzy as his power leaves his form. With a wicked smirk he chokes out "This won't hold me ... I may be bound for a time, but I will get out and I'll free my children from your torment." Knowing it's probably true, Odin spits in Loki's face, and rushes over to punch him, and again, and again. Loki is bleeding and not healing fast, which Odin laughs at. "Don't worry, one of your sons is free to continue being my steed", referring to Slepnir, Loki's son, who has the form of a horse by default, since it was the other parents' form as well.

Then a low level farmer was brought into the room in a trance, typically used for the living who shouldn't know what they are seeing. A little chant begins and Odin leads the ritual with the farmer taking a spot in front of Loki. Loki's essence from all around began to pour into the farmer's body. Loki's final words before being swallowed through a bloodied mouth were "You can't keep me locked up ... You will all find that I held ... This all together ... I'll be back." With that, his physical form too entered an ethereal state and joined the farmer, who was then put back home, not even noticing a difference.

The farmer's life ended but Loki still wasn't free. He went to the next birth, and the next, as millennia went by. He was aware of what was going on and he built his power but nothing could free him when he was bound like that. Essentially, the weakness of a human without magic meant he couldn't cast spells even if he had some control. Odin bound Fenrir, left Hel for her realm, and cursed Jormungandr to never be able to activate the apocalypse by growing too big. The age of the Vikings ended a millennia or so later, and it was hard for Loki to keep track. A new age, a Christian age, came in and he was now painted as Satan/Lucifer, the betrayer of the All-Mighty. Now in his dream-like prison, Loki chooses to return to his chosen name: Avriit. He was never one for changing names for each culture. That was YHWH/Odin's thing. Whenever Avriit could be free, he knew who he was and what had to be done.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)