More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 15 by FredWeasleyLives1 FredWeasleyLives1

Do I get in Vincent's car?

Playing it safe

I have convinced one of my least favorite people Vincent Kharm to help me lure Marion into a trap. That is the good news. The bad news is that the bad man in black is expecting me to wait in his car while he makes the important phone call. I really want to bring in Marion bad, but do I want this bad enough to risk opening myself up to a possible trap. My parents told me several times never to get into a stranger's car and few people are as strange as Vincent. I think the choice is clear for me.

"I think I will wait out here," I reply while shaking my head at the arrogant jerk.

"Don't you trust me?" Vincent asked while pretending to look hurt.

"Uh, no," I respond while giving my enemy a narrow look. "My parents did tell me not to get in a car with a stranger."

"That's understandable since I don't completely trust you either," the dapper idiot told me. "I will roll down the passenger window so you can hear."

"Does your phone have a speaker function?" I probed.

"It has everything," Vincent bragged.

One of my least favorite people got back into his car via the driver's door. I hear escaped fugitive push a button to open the window closest to me. While the window is sliding down, I look around the inside of Vincent's car and I notice all of the flashing buttons. All of the bells and whistles Vincent has on his car makes it seem futuristic somehow.

"Do you have a teleporter in this car?" I joked.

"No, I don't care for Star Wars," Vincent erred.

"Star Trek," I corrected.

"Sorry, but I was never into science fiction," Vincent complained.

"That is understandable I guess, but there are people who would boil you in oil for making that mistake," I jibed.

"I don't doubt that," Vincent snickered.

I waited patiently for my very temporary ally to put his phone on speaker and dial the number. I realize that I don't know how I am going to react when I finally come face to face with Marion. I know that I promised to bring in Kat's killer alive, but I am having in some doubts. How do you conquer your anger completely when someone kills one of the people you love most? I know Kat was not the same person in the end, but that does not make her hurt any less. I think that the treatment that I give Marion will largely depend on whether or not she can tell me why Kat went so bonkers. If Marion can put my mind at ease a little, I will reward that action with leniency. However, I do not feel like being charitable when I first hear Marion's voice. I am sorely tempted to grab the phone from Vincent and yell every obscenity in the book at Marion, but I know that there will be plenty of time for that during our face to face meeting.

"I didn't think that I would ever hear from you again, Vincent," Marion grumbled.

"I am afraid that it can't be helped," Vincent replied. "We need to meet."

"I am getting bored with these meetings," Marion protested.

"You won't be bored this time," Vincent promised.

"Do I have a choice?" Marion probed.

"No, meet me at hideout Sigma in thirty minutes," Vincent ordered which caused both parties to abruptly hang up.

"Follow me," Vincent ordered while leaving his car.

I follow my dangerous companion at a safe distance of five steps behind. I can't help but wonder what Vincent's hold is over Marion. Then I realize that some things are better left unknown. I am too busy to notice much of the scenic park we cut though or the hot dog vendor we pass by because I am too busy coming up with a plan of attack. I am so close to Marion that I can practically smell her. It is almost going to be worth temporarily aligning myself with one of the people I hate. I did say almost. Ten minutes later we arrived at a run down building with the paint peeling off of it.

When we got inside, I saw that this used to be a bar because of all of the table and chairs. There is also a cash register that is laying on the long table which is where people would come to get there drinks. I can almost see how bartenders would slide drinks across the bar in all of those old westerns that I learned to watch with my parents. I look at all of the dust and I know that I might have a problem. I just hope that I don't sneeze and give my position away to the enemy. As soon as Vincent walked in, he turned on the lights which where controlled by a switch behind the bar. He must have been in here a lot to have found it so fast.

"Do you need my help to bring in Marion?" Vincent wondered.

"I appreciate all of your help, but the hunt will be much more satisfying if I do it alone," I refused,

"As you wish," Vincent spoke while leaving.

Now that I alone, I sit on a stool behind the bar and make the place pitch black again. When I was a kid, I was afraid of the dark, but now I find it strangely calming. I try to get all of my thoughts in order now that my trap has been set. I breathe in and I breathe out. That process was interrupted when I heard the door creaking open. My nostrils started flaring because I know the killer opened the door. That was confirmed when she made several angry demands to the darkness.

"Where are you, Vincent! This isn't funny! If you don't show up right now, I'm leaving!"

"I am afraid that Vincent couldn't make it today!" I cackled while flipping on the lights.

"You!" Marion barked.

"I'm afraid so," I droned while walking over to block the exit.

"This was your meeting all along, wasn't it?" Marion whined.

"Right again," I laughed.

"What did you give him in order for him to help you?" Marion sneered.

"You should be asking what I would have done if he had not have helped me," I clarified.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this meeting?" Marion stupidly asked.

A deep frown appeared on my face as I took out Marion's old ID card and waved it through the air like a hatchet. I had just one thing to say after that demonstration.

"It's been a long time! We need to talk!"

What do I do to Marion?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)