More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Largetalons69 Largetalons69

What is the notification?

Penny Lewis

It was a message from Penny and it was in that moment that I forgot about mentioning this whole situation to her. I felt dumb for forgetting, but we had never really built up to a deep enough part of our relationship for something quite like this. She had no connection to my mother, therefore there was no reason to include her in this. But then again, she is my girlfriend and she needed to know that I would be leaving for home soon. I just hoped she would understand.

My phone's notification sound was a chiming bell that went off three times, it was soft but distinguishable enough for one to here with other competing sounds. I had it charging in the living room where my minimal apartment began, it was nothing more than a yellow box with the outside sunlight attempting to break through my window. Other than the brown-cushioned sofa along the center wall there only existed two chairs and on one of them sat my phone, a white outline where the outer case was contrasting it to the dark cushions. I had left it there to charge, a habit I had made when attempting to write in my journal for the day. The screen brightened with an image of me and her together, our tongues sticking out for a funny picture as we posed with our faces smashed together. She was a cute thing, but a wall of text covered the majority of our faces and I could only make out some of the message.

What Does the Message Say?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)