More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by KingRaccoon KingRaccoon

What kind of Alien are you?

Parasitic Wasp

Humanity have been able to travel across the universe for over a century now. Despite the diverse ecosystems of the suitable planets found, they're mostly used as huge farms to support the perpetual exploration of our endless world. KEPLER-442B is one the most recent planet to have been colonized, and the fauna is still not well known, but the animals discovered are quite extraordinary.

KEPLER-442B is home to one weird insectoïd. Shaped like a 3 inches long wasp, those dark blue insects seems to have an unique way of living in symbiosis with the creatures around them. Records from the earliest settlers are saying that those wasps reproduce by laying eggs inside another living being. The weird thing is that a few hours after receiving the eggs, the host tends to change it's behaviour and stick near the hive's nest. It looks like the more "intelligent" the host is, the more it helps the hive by protecting it. No sign of spreading between host have been observed for now. So far, only other insects and small bird/mammals are seen to be targeted by the wasps.

Studies of dead infected animals showed a partially modified brain caused by a small larvae in the prefontal cortex and a modified reproductive system likely able to give birth to new adults wasps. As far as we know, no animals bigger than a mouse can be targeted as host, so their is no problem for settlers to live areas near those wasps. Unless ?..

Where do you want to begin your Hive ?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)