More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by mfucker mfucker

1, 2, 3 or 4?

Option 2 - Strip Poker

Perhaps the most clear-cut choice of the 4, you immediately make up your mind.

But now, as you're left alone in the huge conference room, you wonder how you're going to get your adventure started. You also wonder at the back of your mind what kind of stakes you might be playing with.

You stand up now, looking back at the door you came in from. It is shut, & for the first time, you realize that for such a large conference room, there's hardly anything inside, except for a few empty bookshelves...

Empty bookshelves.

But of course, you think as you walk towards the suspiciously-empty shelves. You search the first, then the 2nd. Nothing.

You're walking towards the 3rd, when a humming sound startles you from behind. As you turn, to your surprise, you now see now a dealt hand on the first empty shelf you came across.

It was pretty amazing, spooky even. But you are more overawed than frightened. Now, you approach the shelf slowly.

The cards before you look like any normal cards. Other than the fact that they seemed to have turned up from nowhere.

INITIAL HAND
Ace of Spade.
Queen of Spade.
Jack of Hearts.
Ten of Spade.
Nine of Spade.

You take 1 look, & the notion of a royal flush immediately comes to your mind. Just 2 cards away, from the largest possible hand you can get... This is only your first game. Perhaps Lady Luck is indeed smiling on you.

But of course, great gambles tend to backfire, & you have no idea what the stakes are for now, or what you're playing for exactly.

After some thought, you pick up the Jack of Hearts, 10 of Spades, & 9 of Spades, turning them face-down. Then, the shelf surface seem to acknowledge your choices, as the 3 cards sink into (possibly nowhere), & in return, 3 freshly-drawn cards surface. You smile slightly.

FINAL HAND
Ace of Spades.
Queen of Spades.
Queen of Diamonds.
Queen of Hearts.
3 of Clubs.

3 of a kind. Not a bad result. There's a momentary pause, as you wait for the result. Then, another set of 5 cards appear before you, likely to be your opponent's. Your 3 of a kind beat it hands down.

You won. But for what purpose?

But as you will learn, patience is going to bring a whole deal of good. Soon enough, holographic images appeared just as the cards seemed to disintegrate into thin air.

Putting 2 & 2 together, you realize they're going to be your next opponents for strip poker. You're definitely going to have some fun...

Who do you play?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)