More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 314 by TheLeherengin TheLeherengin

Rest or... Sally Forth

Operating

Maple takes the helmet and rail gun, removing her armor helmet to put the targeting helmet on, "woah... That's a little weird... Everything looks kind of pixelated," she mutters as the helmet seems to augment her vision. She shakes her head after a bit as she tries to get used to her new view and then speaks, "uh... Right, well in regards to relaxing or resting, we seem to all be physically okay, mentally I'm sure we could all use a break, but I don't think we'll actually be able to get one until Sally is dealt with anyway. Until this is over any breaks we take will be marred by worries... About my brother, about their missing friend and about what Sally might be planning next so I think it's a good idea to move forward and try to finish this," she explains and Yulia nods her agreement and the rest seem to also agree with the sentiment.

"Operations oversees basically all the mechanical and network workings of the city. If it wasn't for the fact it's likely to be the most heavily guarded area in the city, I'd have suggested heading there first since taking out the terminal in operations would hamstring Sally's entire operation. Cameras would no longer be remotely accessible, machines would need more direct guidance and whole swathes of the city would just stop functioning," Maple explains, "as a result I can agree that it might be the best place to hit next, although Administration would be easier. Taking out either of Sally's mainframes will at most slow her down slightly, but until both are down she'll be capable of continued operation. The two mainframes are essentially just a load bearing measure and a fallback in case something goes wrong with her," Maple explains and then hesitates, "In terms of functionality I mean... A glitch in her system or a virus could be fixed by backing up whichever mainframe has the error with the other mainframe or any of her saved backups, her deciding to become a psychotic dictator is unfortunately not an issue that can be fixed simply by restoring a previous version," Maple quickly adds.

"Administration is less of a function and more of a figurehead, it's a place where people who needed to, could go to interact with Sally in her role as essentially mayor of the city. The version there is still her, but it's a version of her with little real power and as a result much less heavily guarded at least while I was previously awake, again it seems like she's changed the functioning of quite a bit of the city while we were all in stasis," Maple clarifies.

"So it sounds like operations will be a difficult fight, but if we succeed it will make fighting her at admin easier which already would have been the easier fight?" Yulia asks and Maple nods.

"Yeah that's about the gist of it," she confirms.

"and any idea where Goma is most likely?" Isalia asks.

"Not really. Admin or operations could both have places to hold prisoners at least temporarily. If she's being used for some kind of functionality, she'll be more likely at operations, but if she's just being held because for some reason the prison was considered unsuitable for her she might be at either," Maple answers obviously feeling a bit guilty about not being able to give a better answer.

"I think operations sounds like the better option... We should be ready for anything though. Can we create more rail gun bolts with the converter?" Yulia asks.

"We should absolutely be able to do so," Maple confirms.

"Well then convert metal plates into bolts?" Cherchiel suggests and Maple shakes her head.

"The module can only convert things into other things of the same type. Tech plates can't be converted into weapon ammunition, at least not like that. Your blacksmith friend could probably make bolts out of tech plates or normal metal though," Maple suggests.

"I see, we'll go visit Martin after we've checked out Operations and see about making some more bolts," Yulia states and then leads the group back to the terminal. They move to the operations terminal. Immediately after stepping off the train they run into a hostile machine. Two in fact, manning a security checkpoint blocking access to the rest of the area outside the terminal.

"Halt, present credentials," one of the two machines demands of the group as soon as they step off the train. The machines are similar in design to the Predators being humanoid but faceless and featureless robotic mannequins essentially, but a bit bulkier and they have heavier looking guns.

"Vanguards. Designed to act as defense for important areas. They have stun cannons, essentially handheld versions of the Officer's turret. Their armor is also thicker, they might even be able to tank a few hits from a plasma rifle," Maple whispers.

(Health: 100%

Mana: 100%

Inventory: 10 EMP grenades, 3 healing kits, 1 sewing kit, 8 days worth of rations, 3 two liter water jug, 3 two liter jugs of Lemiel's Milk, 3 health potion, 5 mana potions, 7 vials of Semen, Quiver, 1 sack of cooking ingredients (Apples), Ash's Quiver, Smithing Ingredients (3 steel ingots), 1 sack of cooking ingredients (Vegetables), Grenade Launcher, Grenade Bandolier with 0 grenades, Smithing Ingredients (1 silver ingot), twenty feet of Spidersilk rope, 1 sack of Cooking Ingredients (Fish), an Onahole, a shard of Illustone, Gloves of Harvest (-3, heal for all damage dealt), modest two piece swimsuit, Binding Bandages, golden bangles, silk gloves, Siren Queen's black heavy armor, black bikini bottoms, Smithing Ingredients (6 metal plates), 2 cure potions, targeting helmet, rail gun bow, 10 cross bow bolts.

Yulia's Equipment: Simple black one piece swimsuit(currently removed). Ceramic Beaked Mask (currently Removed), Reinforced Monastic Scapular (currently removed), standard bra (currently removed), Standard Panties (currently removed), Ornate Rapier (-3), Silver Staff (-2 added to the effect of all spells), A tarnished Silver Ring of clear mind (warded against demons and angels, can bind a Demon or Angel), Cloak of Turbulent Waves (immunity to ranged attacks and offensive magic), Demon Horn Hairband (-2 to all ice magic, currently removed), tech armor, tech bodysuit (Core upgrade: speed, Special Upgrade: Light Module, Arcane Flux), plasma rifle (-10).

Spells known: Great Heal (Lvl 2, Mastered, Cost: 25%, Cost currently halved rounded down: 12%)

Great Cure (Lvl 2, Mastered, Cost: 15%, Cost currently halved rounded down: 7%)

Energize (Lvl 1, Mastered, Cost: 25%, Cost currently halved rounded down: 12%)

Icicle (Lvl 1, Mastered, cost: 15%, Cost currently halved rounded down: 7%)

Masterful Unlock (Lvl 2, Mastered, Cost: 10%, Cost currently halved rounded down: 5%)

Repair (Lvl 1, Mastered, Cost: 5%-20% depending on factors, Cost currently halved rounded down: 2%-10%)

Undermine (Lvl 1, Mastered, cost: 25%, Cost currently halved rounded down: 12%)

Life Drain (lvl 1, Mastered, cost: 2% per 1% Health healed, Cost currently halved rounded down: 1% per 1% Health healed)

Blizzard (Mastered, cost: 5%, Cost currently halved rounded down: 2%)

Lightning Strike (Lvl 1, mastered, Cost: 15%, Cost currently halved rounded down: 7%)

Identify (Lvl 1, mastered, Cost: 10%, Cost currently halved rounded down: 5%)

Fireball (Lvl 1, mastered, Cost: 15%, Cost currently halved rounded down: 7%)

Lance (Lvl 1, mastered, Cost: 15%, Cost currently halved rounded down: 7%)

Cloak (Lvl 1, mastered, cost: 10%, Cost currently halved rounded down: 5%)

God's Light: (Mastered, cost: none. Passive ability. Fully heals mana and health outside of combat)

Fetish: Bondage Rank: 3, Masochism Rank: 3, Lesbian rank: 4, Submission Rank: 3, Incubating Rank: 1, Large Insertions Rank: 2, Degradation Rank: 2, Exhibition Rank: 1, Anal Rank: 2.

Status Effect: Permanent increase to physical attribute. Combat level raised to medium

Atrophied: Permanent Decrease to Physical Attribute. Combat Level lowered to weak. (Countered previous Permanent Increase)

Faithless: Yulia gains no effect from support spells cast on her, but offensive spells cast by her double in effectiveness. Lasts until faith is restored or replaced.

Psychosexual Break: In order to deal with her trauma, Yulia has begun to subconsciously fetishize her experiences.

Deflowered: Virginity Lost, sexual experience changed to: Inexperienced, non-virgin.

Companion: Cherchiel, Goma, Martin, Isalia, Lri, Lemiel, Maple.

Cherchiel Health: 100%

Cherchiel Mana: 100%

Cherchiel Equipment: Ultra Durable Spear( -5, -10 with Boar Mask), Ultra Durable Shield (-5, -10 with Boar Mask), Staff (-1), God's Favour (Halo. Prevent one time), Bikini(currently removed), plasma Sword (-10), Tech Armor.

Cherchiel Status Effect: Divine Grace. Combat Level raised to High

Goma Health: 10%

Goma Mana: 60%

Goma Equipment: Ritual Knife of Escaping Threads (-1, -3 with boar mask, automatic -5 when being used against tentacles, webs or other binding methods), Hunting Horn (-2 for each ally affected), Reinforced and Nethicite Augmented Thick Hide Outfit (Negate most physical damage,), Swim Trunks (currently removed), tentacle dagger (-3), Scepter of Still Waters.

Goma spells known: Heal (Mastered, 15%), Puppet (Mastered, 10% per active command)

Goma Status Effect: Atrophied: Permanent Decrease to Physical Attribute. Combat Level lowered to weak.

Isalia Health: 100%

Isalia Mana: 100%

Isalia Equipment: Isalia's Sword (-3), Masterwork Trident (-3)(Unequipped), Isalia's Shield (-3), One Piece Swimsuit (Currently removed), plasma rifle (-10), Tech Armor, Tech Suit (Core Upgrade: Speed).

Isalia spells known: Life Drain (lvl 1, Unmastered, cost: 5% per 1% Health healed)

Isalia Fetish: Submission Rank: 1, Domination Rank: 1.

Isalia Status Effect:

Lri Health: 100%

Lri Mana: 100%

Lri Equipment: Twin Daggers (-3), black swimsuit (currently removed), Blood drinker, tech armor (Sans helmet), tech suit (Core upgrade: speed), plasma rifle (-10), 3 EMP grenades, Veil of Hidden Depths, fishbowl of Illusions.

Lri Status Effect:

Lemiel Health: 200%

Lemiel Mana: 200%

Lemiel Equipment: Angelic Visor, twin magic blades (Summoned, -10, take 5% mana to summon), Tech Armor, Tech Suit (Core Upgrade: Strength, Special Upgrade: Arcane Flux), plasma rifle (-10).

Lemiel Spells Known: Angelic Rays (Lvl 1, Mastered, cost: 20%), Heavenly Soothing (Lvl 1, Mastered, cost: 25%), Retribution (Lvl 1, Unmastered, cost: 100%, unusable, triggers automatically at 0% hp if Lemiel has enough Mana to trigger it), The One True God's Judgment (Lvl 1, Mastered, Cost: 100%), God's Light (Mastered, cost: none. Passive ability. Fully heals mana and health outside of combat)

Lemiel Status Effect: Divine Grace. Combat level raised to high.

Maple Health: 100%

Maple Mana: 100%

Maple Equipment: Tech armor, tech suit (Core upgrade: Speed, special upgrade: Conversion), plasma rifle (-10).

Maple Status Effect:

https://forum.chyoa.com/threads/the-tower-of-voices-voting-thread.3460/ )

Fight the vanguard?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)