More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by IronLacedCarbon IronLacedCarbon

And so, a story begins...

Omega - "The Great Game"

==========

Disclaimer:
This story is purely fictitious and not at all suitable for minors. All characters involved in the story are either the age of eighteen or older, and belong to myself. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.

Reader discretion is advised.

==========

In the dimly-lit living room of Lawrence’s small apartment, the only sounds that could be heard were that of fingers aggressively assaulting a keyboard and the maniacal and nasally giggling of an unfortunate-looking man in his early thirties.

“Yes.” Lawrence hissed to himself, running his slimy tongue along the braces that lined his thick and crooked teeth. “Yesss.” The only source of light in the room was coming from the laptop in front of him, obscuring the rest of his surroundings and allowing the pasty, acne-riddled man to focus on his primary objective. Lawrence slammed his index finger down on the enter key; his greasy and balding dome glimmered in the light as he watched a vast list of commands populate on the screen over a high-resolution satellite image of the planet.

“Yesss! Haha!” He cheered, throwing both of his boney arms into the air as spit lightly sprayed from his mouth and trickled onto the screen.

“It’s all coming together now...” Lawrence hissed softly. “You’ll see… You’ll all see...” His breathing was getting heavier by the second. “You blind, ignorant fools... None of you are in control anymore, and you’re oblivious to the madness around you. Well, what happens when the foundation for your understanding of life comes crumbling down all around you? What happens when you find out the truth, and can’t do anything about it but suffer and watch as your existence is torn apart? What happens when you realize it’s all just one, big, stupid game to the people that pull our strings?!”

He ended up screaming in rage by the time his last sentence finished, and then slammed his fist down on the small table in front of him, sending several scattered and empty cans of beer on its surface tumbling to the ground from the impact.

“No more…” Lawrence took a deep breath, every fiber of his being trembling as an unyielding fury coursed through it. “This is the end.” He said, his voice quivering as tears streamed down his reddening face. “It’s time to tear down the veil, and show the people of Imperial City just how fickle their oh-so-important lives really are...”

Then, something crossed the young man’s mind in that moment, perhaps the last shred of humanity left within its broken structure.

It dawned on him that there were a few people in his life worth sparing from the nightmare that was about to strike the city.

“I’m sorry...” Lawrence sniffled, doing his best to gather himself as his hands found the keyboard once again and quickly began typing.

“I hope this makes up for what I've set in motion… You-… You weren’t always the best friends a guy could have, but you were fair, kind-enough, and none of you have ever let me down when I really needed you… Especially you, Matt… Thank you all...”

With a few more strokes and a punch of the enter key, his final command was processed through the mystical program known to very few as Master PC.

*Click...*

“And with that…” Lawrence whispered softly, a weak smile breaking out across his fat, sausage-like lips. “Let the Great Game begin.”

*Schlink!*

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)