More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by DoAdventures DoAdventures

What's next?

Oarkin of the north

“Bjorn!” shouted from across the great hall, “Where will we raid when the winter has settled” questioned Hurak Gillimore, now stood up with a tin goblet in hand and sloshing his ale around, choired by echo’s of agreement in the question put towards you.

“You want to know where we will raid” you ask narrowing your eyes at the man before biting a chunk of meat from a bone and tearing it off with your teeth, “Why should you know where we are raiding huh Hurak?” you retort back, picking the front of your teeth with your tongue, “The only thing you should concern yourself with is your whore of a wife laying in my bed, hahaha” you joke causing everyone in the room to raise their goblets in appreciation of you and laugh at Hurak’s expense.

“We will head south!” you shout before tucking back into your food and taking a large gulp of ale.

This was met with an expected silence, for centuries the Oarkin have always raided west along the river when the winter fades, the fishing villages are plentiful, the pelts have been fleshed and salted, and the women are with child.

“What we will do south?” , “Where will we go” , “There is nothing there Bjorn, it is full of mountains” were just some of the objections you hear coupled with jeers and laughter as you stand up and open your arms out wide.

“There is a passage, there is a mountain pass and I’ve heard stories of wonder and riches beyond your wildest imaginations, we will come back kings and queens and our fathers and theirs will know the stories” you say eyeballing each and everyone sitting in the hall. “I will go alone and I will claim that unforsaken land and I, me, Bjorn Aethlewolf! Will be taken into Valhalla with open arms” you finish abruptly.

Having instantly roused the disbelievers you sit down and smile to your pretty wife Athena, “I will take you tonight and you will give me a son” you speak almost whispering in her ear.

“Come my friends, I have a pretty little something for you that will explain all about the south and it’s beautiful people” you say taking your wife’s hand and getting up from the table.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)