More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Nemo of Utopia Nemo of Utopia

Which Character Are You? (Name, Race, Level, and Class In Chapter Title: All Else In Chapter Body...)

Nyxis "Bastard-Ogre" Flibbertigibbet; Gnome; Gunslinger - Experimental Gunsmith 2

You ARE the future!

Because of you the face of warfare on the world of Eva will change forever!

As surely as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west the time will come when the armored knight of today is replaced by the agile and lithe Firearm wielding wonder warrior of Tomorrow!

Your name is "Nyxis 'Bastard-Ogre' Flibbertigibbet", and one day everyone in all the world will know it!

Why is this the case?

Because you are the woman who invented 'Flash-Fire Powder'.


It started with an attempt to make a better way to quickly start fires than tinder twigs when you were only 15 years old, you always were precocious, but when the resulting fire was put out you realized you had just discovered the key to a new kind of weapon. It took another 25 years to work out the kinks, but you invented the most deadly non-magical personal weapon known to the mind of god or mortal, The Pistol.

That lasted all of about ten days.

Oh, sure, the Pistol was an immense step forward, your steel balls could punch through non-magical plate armor with ease, but it had a key drawback: it was a one shot wonder, then you were within easy striking distance of the enemy and to counter attack unless you paired it with a melee weapon, and that simply would not do. Took about a month of experimentation but you figured out the solution, creating the world's first "Derringer"...

Who or what was your "Derringer" design named after?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)