More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by ewong ewong

What's next?

Nudity is Strange: Temporal Displacement and Misplaced Clothes

Max found herself in a park. She wasn't sure where, as it was dark and raining heavily. She was wearing a pink Jane Doe shirt that had a deer on it. She also was wearing jeans and grey hoodie that she remembered putting on both this morning. However, she had no idea how she got here. Roaming around, she found a winding path up a hill. Then she saw it: the lighthouse. She knew where she was, and had to get there. Had to get to shelter. As she got to the lighthouse, the rain got harder, weighing her down. She was slouched over, shielding herself from the rain as well as failing to keep herself upright from her water soaked clothing.

Max was nearly crawling to the door when a newspaper entered her view. It was dated a week from now and read: "ARCADIA BAY DOOMED!" with a photo of a massive cyclone off the coast. It took nearly all her strength to push her head up to see that just a few yards away was that very cyclone. Max screamed as it seemed to get closer, and felt herself suddenly become weightless. She was inside the cyclone! As she tried to figure out which way was up, something flashed past her and ripped her hoodie off. She began to flail as she saw the debris whirling about, and something ripped her shirt from her body. Not wearing a bra today, she was now topless inside a cyclone that seemed to either be trying to kill her or strip her!

Then she saw a truck slowly coming towards her. She was able to move towards it and as it passed slowly by, she grabbed onto the tailgate. She tried climbing into the truck bed, but it suddenly picked up speed! It was as if she were in a wind tunnel, and she felt her shoes being pulled off. She let out a scream as she held on for dear life, and this loosened her waist, causing her jeans to fall past her knees and get caught in the wind before blowing off her body. Max desperately wanted to cover up and get inside somewhere safe, but the wind and the car seemed to be preventing her from doing anything except hold on and try not to die. She felt the wind picking up even more, and she felt her panties start to slide off her hips. She spread her legs trying to stop the inevitable but the wind was too strong. Her panties were whisked off her body, leaving her naked and clinging to a truck. She felt the winds die down, and she was about to climb into the bed of the truck when something smashed into the truck, knocking her and the truck away from each other. The impact was so great that Max was ejected from the cyclone, and was headed towards the sharp rocks on the coast! She prayed that she wouldn't hit the rocks and instead land in the water safely. However, within seconds, the risks came up to her and she squealed as she was about to die, and everything went black.

Gugh!

Max woke with a start. She was in her photography class, and her favorite teacher, Mr. Jefferson was giving a lecture about old photography styles. She spied that butch Victoria Chase throwing a paper ball at Kate Marsh, who didn't look like she was doing okay today. Poor Kate.

"How about you, Max?" Mr. Jefferson asked.

"W-what?" Max asked, dumbstruck at the attention.

"Welcome back to the world of the living. I asked you if you knew the name of the artist who invented the self portrait."

"Oh, um... I don't know." Max said.

"Has someone at least done the reading? Ah, Victoria." Mr. Jefferson commented before calling on Victoria.

"It was Louis Daguerre, who created Daguerreotypes that gave portraits a sharp, reflective style like a mirror." Victoria said.

"Very good, Victoria."

RING RING

"Well, that's it for today, remember to read the next chapter, and perhaps catch up to Victoria, please." Mr. Jefferson announced as the room quickly emptied.

Max was about to leave, when Mr. Jefferson reminded her about her entry to the Everyday Heroes contest, the winner of which would be flying to San Francisco with him to exhibit the winning photo amongst other winners from across the country. She told him she would get her entry in asap, and left. She felt like she had to splash some water on her face, so she walked down the hall to the girls' restroom where she found it empty.

Using a nearby sink, she felt refreshed and was about to leave when she saw a brilliantly blue butterfly on the sink next to her. As she turned to it, the beautiful insect flew back behind the row of stalls near a cart of custodial supplies. Max turned and saw it land on a metal bucket. Thinking quickly, but moving slowly as to not spook the butterfly, she took out her Polaroid camera out of her bag and knelt down to take a picture the flash went off, and the camera spat out the rectangular capsule where the square image would eventually develop. Max placed the camera back in her bag and pocketed the picture before turning to leave. However, her exit was interrupted by the sudden entrance of a male student.

"Stay cool, Nathan. Just count to three... You own this school. If I wanted, I could blow it up."

It was Nathan Prescott. His family practically owned the school. Max wondered what he was doing here. Suddenly, the door opened again. In stepped an older girl with blue hair. She was wearing a grey beanie and a white tank top under a black shirt and ripped jeans. Max didn't get a good look to recognize her.

"What do you want?" Nathan asked the blue haired girl.

"I hope you checked the perimeter, as my step-douche would say. Okay, looks empty. Let's talk bid'ness." she said.

"I got nothing for you."

"Wrong! You got hella cash."

"That's my family, not me."

"Oh, boo hoo spoiled rich kid. I bet your family will love knowing their golden boy has been pumping and all kinds of shit around campus."

Max was listening, and was both scared and curious about where this was going. She stayed hidden and tried to watch from her corner.

"Leave them out of this, BITCH!"

"I can tell everyone that Nathan Prescott is a punk-ass who begs like a little girl and talks to himself..." the girl taunted, but was cut off when Nathan suddenly pulled a gun and pointed it at her.

"You don't know who the fuck I am, or who your dealing with!" Nathan spat at her, pressing her against the wall.

"Where'd you get that? What are you doing? Come on, put that thing down!" the girl begged.

"Don't you EVER tell me what to do. I'm sick of people trying to control me!" his face was merely inches away from hers.

"You are gonna get in hella more trouble for this than ..." she tried to reason with him, seeing the anger in his eyes.

"No one would ever even miss your punk would they?!"

"Get that gun away from me, PSYCHO!" the girl cried as she pushed Nathan away.

BLAM!

The gunshot was loud and reverberated in the mostly vacant restroom. Max has heard enough and finally stepped in.

"NO!" Max screamed.

As the girl's body fell to the floor, all seemed in slow motion. As Nathan's gun dropped, both it and the girl landed in the same instant, and suddenly Max saw everything rewind until there was a huge flash of white light...

Max found herself still in the restroom. However, she was the sole occupant. No sign of Nathan, the girl, nothing. In fact, she felt even more alone than before, like something else was missing. Then she looked down. Max had to suppress a shriek as she covered her body. Besides her bag, she was COMPLETELY NAKED!

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)