More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by lostandfound lostandfound

Do you agree?

No

"No," you say, "How can I trust an god of ancient times? I've watched Hercules and Xena, I know that there's always a catch to what you offer."

Venus puts her hands on her hips and her bottom lip juts out. She tilts her head to the side and pouts, "Oh please, do you really believe everything you see on that awful device? So many people sit and watch that stupid thing when they could be making love to each other, or to themselves."

"Don't try to change the subject," you say firmly, "I want to know why you are willing to grant me something that you said you haven’t given to any mortal man in ages"

The goddess looks down and traces patterns in the sand with her toes, "If I tell you, will you change your mind?"

You reply, "I can only promise to reconsider once I have more facts"

Venus sighs and keeps her head down, but raises her eyes to meet yours. "O.K., it's like this, the old Norse gods are all dead, and Ragnarok took them ages ago. The problem is Loki managed to drink of the fountain of wisdom before the end and figured out a way to fake his **** and save some frost giants. Loki and the giants have sired many monsters with the Titans. They are threatening to storm Mount Olympus. Jupiter consulted the oracles and they said that only a child born of the Goddess of Love and a mortal, an artist without foreknowledge of the events, who freely offers up his first born, can defeat this threat."

"So even if the child I offer isn't even conceived yet, that counts?" you ask.

A brilliant smile flashes over Venus's face, "It's even better. This way the offspring you offer up will come to live with us, as one of us. So what do you say?"

What do you say?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)