More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Squiddog Squiddog

Does Rovni's luck hold?

No, but she has a silver tongue and steel

It was near noon when she heard the unnatural rustle of bushes along either side of the rode and came to a halt. At her halt she watched as six small green men scampered around her, two in front, two beside, two behind. baring crude iron weapons likely stolen from farms or poorer travelers.

"Six, I can deal with six." Rovni muttered, eyeing the two ahead, ready to grab her axe.

"Lady give sack." Rovni eyed the goblin that had spoken, he stood a touch taller then his brethren but was hardly a threat.

"No." Came Rovni's simple answer, the answer seemed to confuse the goblins, either the normal remark or lack of concern from their target.

Rovni eyed them for a second, she had worked with goblins in her mercenary days, cunning little raiders and backstabbers, and followed strength above all, perhaps she could use them.

"Tell me, who is your chief?" Rovni called out to the goblin who spoke who seemed as puzzled by the question as his fellow robbers.

"M-marg, Chief Marg... Lady give sack now?" He asked almost hopeful, it seemed they wanted to avoid a fight with her if possible.

"No the sack is mine, You will take me to this Marg, I need a word with him." Rovni replied and the goblins muttered for a moment and the couple to her side took a step back.

"Lady tell why." The goblin shot back, unsure on how to proceed with the strange woman.

"Because I said so and if you do, you will learn what is in the sack, and my name is Rovni, who are you goblin?" Rovni replied taking a few paces forward to speak to the goblin easier, seemingly accepting the goblins shifted around her and formed a group of six in front of her.

"Goblin have no name, great goblins get names." He replied and Rovni inwardly grinned at the chance.

"Well that will not do." She began, assessing each goblin, "I name you Lug." She began pointing at the talkative one, "And the rest of you, Koth, Wic, Sap, Lyx and Nib." pointing to the others.

The goblins fell silent for a second at the proclamation and looked at Rovni in awe, "la-Rovni say goblins are great?" Lug asked almost reverently at her.

"No, take me to Marg and I will make you great beyond even this Marg." Rovni stated and the goblins eyes lit up and Rovni noted their crude weapons had finally lowered.

"Rovni follow, camp this way." Lug pointed and started heading into the woods.

"Lead on Lug, Glory waits for none." Rovni proclaimed and followed, her five other goblins trailing behind her.

What awaits Rovni at the goblin camp?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)