More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Jordan42377 Jordan42377

What's next?

New Contract

“I wouldn’t mind a move for the right motivation but I feel I need to ask; why the sudden interest in renewing my contract?” Quinn thought she already knew but wanted to see how honest he would be with her. “About three years ago a list of our most promising talent somehow got out to our rivals. Since then they’ve been recruiting our best people whenever possible. Your name is on that list and we’ve learned that they’ll be contacting you shortly if they haven’t already.” He paused wondering if she would hide the fact at least one company had already contacted her. “I’ve already received three different offers from three separate companies but I didn’t understand why until now. I don’t mention that to increase what the company will be offering during the contract negotiation but because I believe in being open and honest.” Quinn sighed but knew he’d answered the question of how those companies knew to contact her to start with.

“In anticipation of you agreeing to negotiate, we took the liberty of asking the attorney who represented you during your last negotiation to be here today. The CEO feels getting your contract renewed to be of the utmost importance.” Ben smiled slightly as he pushed a button for his assistant. “Thank you; that will expedite the process nicely sir.” Quinn chuckled but wondered why they seemed to be treating her like a very important employee. A moment later the door opened to admit two men and a very beautiful older woman. “Ms. Larson a pleasure to see you. I’m happy to be of service again.” Ted Stevens smiled as he came forward to shake her hand. “Ms. Quinn Larson this is the company’s attorney, John Bixby. The lady there is Maria Gomez; she’s the CEO’s personal assistant.” Ben spoke as he indicated the two people she didn’t already know. “A pleasure to meet you both.” Quinn smiled politely to each of them before retaking her seat.

“John I believe we need to reconsider the offer we’re making to Ms. Larson. She’s received offers from three separate companies and while she hasn’t spoken of what those offers consisted of we already know they will be substantial.” Ben hoped she would be open to discussing the matter before she left. “I can tell you that right now. The best offer was 12.5 million for five years, stock options, free use of company property, and two personal androids as a bonus at the end of the contract.” Quinn spoke up wondering if they were seriously going to consider beating that offer. “Our offer is 5 million a year for a five year contract equaling out to 25 million, increased stock options, full medical coverage, and an enhanced 401k plan, free use of all company property to include the newest facilities, and an upgraded android since you’re already being given an android of our latest production line. The upgrade will be to whatever our latest is when the new contract ends but we will also offer free maintenance of the new android your receiving as well as all upgrades and updates free of cost.” John spoke up quickly.

“John forgot to mention that you’ll also be receiving three months paid leave each contract year. We expect you’ll probably choose to take at least two weeks when your current contract expires but we’ll plan for a month. The other months can be broken down as you wish throughout the rest of the year or be added to next years’ time. He also forgot to mention that we’re giving you replacement guarantees for the android. Anything at all happens to them and they can’t be repaired then the company will replace the android for as long as you live free of charge.” Maria smiled at her hoping she’d accept the new contract. “I can live with that offer.” Quinn smiled wondering why they would offer so much to her since she was just a minor part of the team. “We’ll get everything drawn up and sent to your attorney for signing then. Have a great day Ms. Larson.” John smiled thinking this was one of the easiest contracts he’d ever negotiated.

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)