More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Syloren Syloren

Whom do you see in the mirror?

Morgan, Jenny, and Allegra

Looking between yourself and your friends, you can't help but feel self-conscious. You've always thought that Jenny could be a model, tall and elegantly beautiful with long bright blonde hair. She normally wore dark clothing and today was no exception, Jenny had decided to wear a short and simple black dress for reasons you couldn't help but think weren't entirely pure.

Allegra stood as a stark contrast, wearing a brown leather jacket over a simple grey shirt and an unremarkable pair of jeans that has several tears around the knees that show her caramel skin. She was shorter than Jenny, but still slightly taller than you, with her dark hair cut in a bob that frames her face.

Compared to them you feel like a loser, and a cliched one at that. You hastily adjust your messy red hair, frustrated that it has turned into a tangled mess despite being combed about an hour earlier. Your normal glasses were broken by accident a few days ago, you've been to rely on an older, larger pair that seem to magnify the freckles your face is dotted with. Your clothes are baggy, frumpy, and muted in color, you've always lacked confidence in your body even though you know on some level that your concerns are overblown. But you always hear voices that teased you as a child, Morgan the Ginger, the Loser, the Geek.

When your brother Keith called you about a ticket to his new Haunted House venture, you really didn't want to go at first. But Keith had always looked out for you in spite of his own troubles so you felt almost obligated to come. When he mentioned that he had three tickets for you, the first people you thought of were Jenny and Allegra. The two might make you feel inadequate at times but it had always been caused by your own insecurities, the two of them had never been anything but the best friends a girl could ask for.

"So where did you two want to go first?" you asked as you finished patting down your hair and spun around to your friends. Allegra looked up almost on cue.

"I kinda wanna go upstairs. Wanna see the mystery exhibits first you know?" She said. Jenny taps her foot, you've known it for some time as a nervous tic of hers.

"I don't wanna be a spoilsport, but I was more interested in the stuff in the basement Ally." Jenny replied.

You frowned. Both of them seemed pretty set on where they wanted to go. You could probably convince them to stick together and the three of you could go through the House as a group if you wanted to. But you wouldn't want either of them to feel slighted and you did want to find Keith at some point, maybe the three of you could split up instead?

Stay together, or split up?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)