More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MissAshleyJ MissAshleyJ

Whose story do you follow?

Mitsu and Akira, siblings with a big idea…

“You want us to make WHAT!?!” Mitsu’s boss yelled.

“I… I… was just pitching, ma’am… I meant no offense…” Mitsu said as the other woman rubbed the bridge of her nose.

“Mitsu…” her boss, Hina said, after a deep breath. “Mitsu, you and I both know Moonset has produced every anime to crack the top ten in national raitings the last seven years. I know you like taking risks, that’s why we hired you, but serious… you want to do a super robot… with a MALE lead? What’s it going to fight? Dust bunnies?”

“Ma’am… I just… I wanted to try something different… everyone had to take a risk at one point. I mean… we’re the Queens of Mecha because we took the risk to make these shows.”

“Because girls can see the pilots and see themselves in the role… what are they going to see if they see a boy instead.”

“A husfu?”

“We’re not doing Hentai…”

“I was making a joke.”

“Fine… fine… look. If it was up to me, I’d greenlight you an OVA as a pilot… but it’s not just me right now.”

“How is Katsum’s poor decision OUR fault?”

“Because she cost us more money than ether of us are going to see for a very long time. Corporate is counting every Rin.”

“What’s a rin?”

“1/1000 a yen.”

“I didn’t know anything smaller still existed.”

“Welcome to accounting… look… tell you hat. Draw up some sketches and maybe we can… I don’t know… maybe one of our sister companies that does manga will take interest.”

Mitsu got up and returned to her desk.

“You’re not really going to send her stuff over?” Sakura asked after Mitsu was out of earshot.

“Hell no, I have a mortgage to pay and mouths to feed… I’d be fired before the paper hit the desk… but she doesn’t need to know that.”

Why was her boss so dismissive?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)