More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 26 by Almax Almax

.................

Miranda opens up the door!

{if@ Gammod == False}

You're up! You're about! And you're feelin' ready to shout! About what? We'll just have to find out.

You jump to your feet almost the very second that you're woken by sunlight pouring in through your room's window. Quickly getting dressed into your uniform, and helping a somewhat-groggy Cameron do the same, you head out from your room with your backpack on, ready to locate Miranda and figure out what class you actually have first today. You don't even need to feel bad, because she'll totally be up already, and she'll totally know the answer. No regrets!

"Why do I have to come too?" Cameron asks, as you pull him down the hall behind you.

"Morale!" You reply happily. "Plus, since Lexi isn't here, I have to be the excited one. It's what she'd want."

"I think she'd be a big advocate of us getting a bit more sleep, actually."

"Nonsense!"

You guide Cameron cleanly and quickly through the school halls, making your way up to Miranda's room's door before rapping three polite raps against it. Cameron is not happy to be here, but he seems to accept his fate, and just stands nearby and wipes sleep out of his eyes. It's good that he's so accommodating, because once again, you are excited for more Warrior training. As you wait outside the door, humming to yourself to pass the time, you hear a shuffling from within. Miranda must be on her way.


{endif}A pyjama-clad Miranda opens up the door slowly with an elongated creeeeeaaakk. You take a half-step back as she peeks through the crack of the door, glasses on wonky and hair puffy and dishevelled, with big bags under her eyes. The inside of her room is dark, so she must have the curtains of her window closed at the moment.

"Woah....." You say. This isn't like her at all.

"O-oh, ummm...." Miranda stammers sleepily, which you didn't even know was possible. She takes her hand off of the partially-open door's knob, and starts to put her messy hair back into place again. "H- uhh, hellogh. Debbie. Whud.... what time ishit?"

You can see a struggle on her face as she battles against some powerful **** and then loses, yawning widely and loudly. You've never seen her so out of it....

"Is- is everything alright??" You ask with deep concern.

"Y-yeah, yeah, I jus'....." She yawns another big yawn. "I jus'.... been cleanin' out room all night. Was messy."

She takes a step back into the room, opening the door the rest of the way, and shuts both of her eyes as she reaches over and hits the light switch. The room's filled with a bright light, revealing to you that it is absolutely immaculately organised and spotless. You're not even sure how she did some of it, like get the stains out of the carpets that are all over your room's floor.....

"I didn't think your room would be that messy to begin with." Cameron says, waking up a bit. Miranda flips the lights back off and pushes the door mostly closed again, hiding behind it and peeking out through the gap so as to not let too much light from the hallway in.

"Itsh, ah..... itsh mos'ly Lexi's mess. But done now. And gotta get sleep before classes." Miranda groggily rubs her eyes with her wrist.

"About that!" You say. "They're starting in a few minutes. Do you know what we've got first?"

You coil your body up a bit, expecting a sudden explosion of energised passion when she realises that she might be late, but she just keeps the same sleepy rhythm for the most part. "We- uhhh, we might half- we might have thirst aid first. I mean, first aid thirst. Wait, that's also not..."

Lexi must've really been disorganised to do this to the poor girl in only one week..... this is a really sorry sight to see.

"Should- I feel like you should maybe get some sleep during first period." You look over at Cameron for support. He nods.

"Yeah, it's better to pay attention in the second and third classes than to be out of it for them all, right? We can take notes for you, if you like." Cameron offers.

"N-nngo, jus'- I'll be out, jus' gimme a sec." Miranda says, straightening out her glasses and retreating into the dark of her room, shutting the door with a click behind her.

You and Cameron stand beside each other awkwardly out the front, looking between each other. There is a distinct possibility that Miranda just went to sleep and that, if she's being healthy, you might be waiting for seven to nine hours.

This is NOT a top scenario.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)