More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Control Freak Control Freak

What kind of mind control is it

Mind-Altering Pheromones (with a catch)

Congratulations! As it turns out, you're a metahuman whose mutant- er, special power has recently been activated. Your body now constantly gives off special pheromones that have a profound affect on the mind of the opposite sex.

Any susceptible woman who breathes in your pheromones starts growing attached to you. At first it's just finding you cute and nice-smelling, but in the course of just a few hours at most of breathing in your pheromones this evolves into a desire for friendship, then sexual attraction (regardless of their sexual orientation), and eventually unwavering love and loyalty. As this attraction grows, the affected women also become more submissive towards you and your requests, even if obeying you would otherwise go against their morals and/or self-interest. What's more, these pheromones are not only fast-acting but can be rather addictive, making it harder for affected women to resist the urge to breathe in or avoid your presence for prolonged periods of time. Finally, the pheromones work by affecting the brain directly and permanently rewiring neurons, thus easily bypassing typical psychic defenses, though the trade-off is that filtration devices such as re-breathers and gas masks can provide sufficient protection. Even if kept separated from your presence, it ends up being exceptionally hard to 'deprogram' your victims from their urges and new mindset, and even successful attempts at doing so risk the victim undergoing a sudden and complete relapse if exposed to your pheromones once more.

Given all of this, you might be curious as to whether there's some type of catch to your new power. And you'd be justified in that curiosity, because there absolutely is. A rather big one, in fact. Male or female, your pheromones have no effect whatsoever on humans (or non-sentient beings, though I doubt you're too torn up about that one).

Now in most universes, this would make your power pretty much useless, and in fact it would likely go entirely unnoticed even if you did manifest it. However, you happen to live in the DC Universe. And fun fact: Amazons are not considered human by your pheromones. Neither are Atlanteans, Kryptonians, Martians, Tamaranians, or Thanagarians. Even women that are only half-human are susceptible to your pheromones, though they may take a bit longer to be fully affected by them. And if you really want to get technical (and bend the rules to their breaking point, you dirty cheater), one may even say that other metahumans whose DNA has been noticeably altered through magical or scientific means are just inhuman enough to be affected, with enough time and patience.

Point being, even taking humanity itself off the table, one chance meeting with the right superheroine (or supervillainess) could open up a world of possibilities for you. Just be careful of the other, entirely human superheroines out there. And the men... especially Batman. That guy has a plan for everything.

Who has these pheromones?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)