More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Drexelhand Drexelhand

What's next?

Mike finds Jean Grey

It was remarkably easy to find out where Jean Grey was. Mike Dorie was almost surprised at how easy it was. He almost thought that it must be a lie, but nope... all the evidence that he found pointed towards Jean Grey living in Anchorage. She was a school teacher at some town and lived in a cabin that Scott Summers once owned. From what Mike's research told him, she lived close to Scott's grandparents. Given that Scott had been dead for about three years, and their other grandson, Alex Summers, presumed dead for even longer, having Jean nearby must have been a relief.

Getting the flight to Alaska had been a lot less pleasant. Mike had essentially figured out which plane was headed for Anchorage, flown up to it and latched onto it before covering himself with psychic armour. Thankfully, unlike the kids who tried to escape in the wheel well, Mike did not freeze to . Once he landed in Anchorage, however, he really wished that he had brought some warmer clothes.

Mike thought about going to a motel at first, spending the night there before looking for Jean Grey... but no. It would be better for him to try and get this over with right away. If she said no, then he wouldn't have to spend any more time in this Godforsaken wasteland in the North. If she said yes, then he would go to the motel and book a room to stay at.

Likely due to Scott Summers' grandparents owning an airline, their own home was not too far away from it. The cabin, which seemed to have two stories, itself was only a short walk away from that. Well, thought Mike, this was it. Yet as he walked up to the front door... he sensed something... wrong. Then suddenly, a body was thrown out the front door, landing right next to Mike's feet.

Looking down at the man, Mike knew right off the haircut who it was. Wearing jeans, a leather jacket and claws extended, it was none other than the Wolverine. From inside the cabin, a growl emanated, mixed with disgusting guttural laughter.

"You didn't think we'd let you be happy, did you, runt?" asked the voice. Then the face to match it stepped out from the cabin. A massive frame, adamantium tipped, shorn blonde hair with stubble all over, Mike Dorie knew on sight that this was the infamous Sabretooth. He was one of the Marauders who had helped slaughter those mutants known as the Morlocks and had once tried to take control of the New York City underworld until Iron Fist stopped him.

"Hey kid," groaned the Wolverine, getting to his feet. "I'd suggest you get out of here."

"I'm going to make you watch as I rip her apart," growled Sabretooth. "You don't get to escape."

"No!" cried Mike when Sabretooth ran at the Wolverine. Releasing a telekinetic blast, Mike didn't know how far away he flung the mercenary but from what he could tell, the mercenary's falling frame was well beyond the treeline.

"Now that's not something you see everyday," said the Wolverine, getting to his feet. "Name's Logan. You?"

"Mike...," said Mike, a little frazzled. "Mike Dorie."

"Don't tell me you came here looking for the X-Men," sighed Logan.

"Not really," said Mike.

"Well, come on," said Logan. "I'm not letting Sabretooth leave here with his head you're the only backup I've got."

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)