More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Drexelhand Drexelhand

What's next?

Tracking Sabretooth

This was not how Mike expected things in Anchorage to go. He expected to meet Jean Grey there, not the Wolverine and definitely not a mass murderer like Sabretooth. But, then again... this was what being a hero was all about, wasn't it? Facing off against psychopaths like that one. And, he supposed, tracking them down deep into the Alaskan forest as well. This part did not seem fun at all.

"Why didn't Iron Fist just punch this guy's head off?" asked Mike. "You know, with his glowy hand thing?"

"Guys like him don't tend to take that final step," answered Logan. He had been occasionally sniffing. Likely that was how he was tracking down wherever Sabretooth landed, by scent.

"That's probably why their enemies keep coming back," muttered Mike, eliciting a chortle from Logan.

"Well, you might be right about that."

"Well... how many of Spider-Man's enemies escape from prison specifically to kill him? All of them," pointed out Mike. "At that point, there's got to be a better solution."

"Spidey's grievances tend to rob banks, not kill," said Logan. "We tended to avoid killing in the X-Men too."

"But?"

"But sometimes a threat's too dangerous to leave alive," said Logan. Then, before he could add more, he put out his hand and motioned for Mike to stop walking. He unsheathed his claws and instinctively got into a battle pose.

"You didn't think it'd be that easy, did you? I'll gut the little one too, runt," came Sabretooth's mocking voice, echoing through the forest around them. Focusing his power around himself, Mike started sending telekinetic pulses all around him. He wasn't going to let Sabretooth sneak up on him. The pulses went outwards from him, so even if Sabretooth was burrowing beneath them, he'd be able to tell where.

"He's behind that tree," said Mike and with a sniff, Logan verified that face.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)