More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by NachtMuziek NachtMuziek

Who is the special guest?

Mikayla, a visiting high school senior

"Just fill out this visitor's form and you'll be all set!" the admissions department secretary smiled at the Schroeder family. Mikayla, a well endowed brunette 18 year old girl from the Midwest, absentmindedly filled out the form she was given while her family waited. Now a high school senior, Mikayla was no stranger to campus visits and tours. She had already visited six other campuses, all in her state, and hated every minute of it. Not the college part itself, but the whole process of visiting and touring schools she knows she won't attend. Having to feign interest in the campus scenery, century old buildings (that have been renovated so many times over they might as well be new), and boring trivia quickly exhausted the student mentally. Still, she didn't have much of a choice, so she begrudgingly let herself be dragged across the state each time, counting the seconds until she could go home.

When she got a soccer scholarship from RMU, she groaned audibly upon opening the letter, as this meant yet another mindnumbing college visit in her near future. "At least it's in Colorado, and not bumfuck-nowhere in the Midwest like all the other ones I've gone to" she thought. Mikayla's parents were ecstatic, since the scholarship covered nearly all of her tuition costs, and predictably insisted on visiting the campus as soon as possible. On Labor Day weekend, Mikayla, her younger brother Jason, and her parents drove over eight hours to RMU for what would become the most interesting campus visit in Mikayla's career... for better or worse.

Mikayla's parents, clearly excited about the school, had sprung for the "immersive" visitation package. Unlike regular visitation, the "immersive" package allows prospective students to "live" like an RMU student for a weekend. This means that instead of heading home after the tour and other activities, Mikayla would stay the whole weekend with an actual RMU student in their dorm room and hang out with them as they did things on campus or around town. Her parents hoped that living like a college student would get Mikayla more interested in her college career. That, and they also didn't feel like driving another eight hours back home that same day. Mikayla didn't know how to feel about this. On one hand, it's a different experience than what she's had so far, but on the other hand if it sucks then she's just stuck there for the whole weekend.

Mikayla thought this over as she filled out the visitor's form. Upon finishing, she handed the form back to the secretary, who then escorted the family to another room in the office. There, they saw a sweet looking young blonde woman waiting for them, presumably their tour guide.

"Hi! Is this the Schroeder family? My name is Vanessa and I'll be showing you around campus today!" the blonde grinned, shaking each member of the Schroeder family's hands. Mikayla and the rest of their family introduced themselves. As they exited the admissions building into the cool autumn afternoon, Vanessa glanced at the form again.

"Oh! It says here you're doing the 'immersive' package?" Vanessa asked.

"That's right." Mikayla replied plainly. She was nowhere near as bubbly as Vanessa at this moment.

"Awesome! Looks like you'll be bunkin' with me tonight then!" Vanessa said enthusiastically, still smiling.

"Oh... cool." Mikayla mumbled. "Great, can't wait to spend the whole weekend with Ms Sunshine over here" she thought to herself sarcastically. Vanessa started the tour by rambling on about RMU's awards and achievements in academics, but Mikayla wasn't really listening. She heard it all before.

However, the tour doesn't stay boring for long...

Where does Vanessa take Mikayla and her family next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)