More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LLation LLation

What kind of mind control is it

Mesmeric Gaze

You have the metahuman ability to draw another person into a highly suggestible hypnotic trance through eye contact alone. While a person is in this suggestible state, you may give them commands to carry out. You may add, remove, or change their personality traits, alter their memories, or implant post-hypnotic suggestions that can be triggered by a word, phrase, or some other variable. Commands are most effective when transmitted verbally. Though you can command someone through your Gaze with a thought, the extent of your influence is limited to simple body movements for now. People will have no memory of what happened during the trance and will reason away any time spent under it unless you command otherwise.

Magicals and telepaths are naturally resistant to your influence and may ignore your Gaze outright. You may need to weaken people who are more resistant to your Gaze through outside means such as tranquilizers or to reduce their active resistance before you can ensnare them in a trance. Practice has made you stronger, so perhaps one day you might not need to worry about running into people who can resist you, but you know that is a long way off. People who are completely blind or lack eyes altogether are immune to your Gaze.

A trance is maintained for as long as you keep in eye contact with your victim and concentrate to use your ability. Breaking eye contact with your subject will end the trance immediately.

Who has this ability?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)