More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Rinderpest Rinderpest

what happens next?

Meeting Lara(hero)

I drive to school the next day. I have the worm box in my pocket. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them but it can't hurt to have them. I walk in and see Tyler walking with Maude hugging him close. She looks like a lost puppy.

Lara comes up behind me, I didn't even see her. She sees Maude and Tyler. "Ugh. If I ever get that hung up over a guy just shoot me. Didn't think she'd ever get that obsessed.". I laugh nervously. She gets that something is up. "Something's wrong. What's up?" She knows me.

"We need to talk, alone. Do you have a minute?" I ask.

"I've got to go to class. We have free period after that. Meet in the library?" She asks smiling. She's always happy, I love that about her

"Sure. See you then."

My first class goes slowly. US History, boring. Especially today. When it ends I book it to the library.

Lara is already there, browsing Facebook on her laptop. "Oh hey you." She says happily as I sit down. "What did you need to talk about?"

"Well, it's about Tyler and Maude." I say quietly. Nobody is too close, just a few people in the library.

"Ugh. The 'perfect' couple? I like Maude, but he's just creepy "

"That's the thing! She's not in control of her actions! He's controlling her mind!

Lara looks at me, I can't tell if she thinks I've lost my mind or that I'm playing a joke on her. Finally she speaks. "He's controlling her mind... Really? I don't like him either but really Eric?"

"It's true. He uses some worms. They go in through the ear and control minds." I protest.

"And how do you know that?" She asks, trying to laugh but a bit concerned.

"Because I found out and confronted him yesterday. He gave me some mind control worms to stay quiet." I take out the box and show her.

"This is one hell of a story you've come up with, Eric."

"It's not just a story. It's true " I look up and see Paige walking towards us. She looks weird, she has a blank expression on her face. She knees down in front of both of us.

"How can I help?" She asks looking at me. Paige has always been a bit of a tomboy. She has a beautiful face and body, but doesn't act like a girl at all. Her and Lara are also great friends, but Paige and I are acquaintances at best. Shes never really liked me.

"What?" I ask her, confused.

Paige looks at Lara but speaks to me. "Is she the one?" Lara looks confused.

It's at that point I see the worm on her ear. Tyler must have infected her and sent her to help me take control of Lara.

"Go over there for a sec please." I ask her, trying to sound like I have a plan. Paige silently stands up and walks to a corner.

"What was that?" Lara whispers to me

"Tyler infected Paige with one of those worms. It's sticking out of her ear. We need to get it out." I say quietly.

"This is crazy, you know that?"

"Hey Paige, I'm ready, come here." Paige quietly comes. "Hold her down!"

"Yes, sir." Paige says as she grabs Lara. As she does, I grab Paige, holding the worm sticking out if her ear. I give a yank and it comes out, wiggling in my hand.

Paige collapses into Lara's lap. I put the worm on the ground and squash it. Lara is breathing heavily. "Ok... I guess I believe you..."

Paige regains consciousness after a minute. "What... What happened?"

"What do you remember?" I ask.

"I remember Tyler wanting to talk to me. That little creep. Then Maude came up and started wrestling. That's it."

We fill Paige in on the worms and what happened. "That little fuck! I'm going to kick his ass!" She says loudly.

"We will. But how many others did he infect? We need to know.

What happens next

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)