More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Jizzrar Jizzrar

Which piece shall we follow?

Marius Vaetolus, Rune Blade in Service

"Yep...don't need tracking abilities to tell what happened here."

There didn't even need to be a moment of silence or contemplation upon arrival to the scene of the crime. The picture painted itself pretty clear. It wasn't all too common in Everlight Forest, home to the Theocracy and home of the Empire...but it happened enough that it warranted the formation of shady organizations...the work of the Inquisition.

In a distant corner of Everlight, in a tuck away village on the outskirts of a local township, there was a afoot. And a very brutal one from the looks of it. The whole area was sectioned off and was probably the talk of the village for who knows how long. Too bad the operatives of the Inquisition were too busy dealing with far too much to look into this...luckily there was another order that could handle this very situation specifically.

Standing at a tall 6'3'' this stranger rolled into the village and suddenly the peasants had even more to talk about. But while the talk of the would have in cautionary tones, talking about the oddity and brutality of it...the speech with this stranger would be hushed, fevered, paranoid...one could wonder how long it would be before they would blame the on this newcomer.

For you see, this newcomer was no mere human. He is Marius Vaetolus, and he's a Rune Blade. Though he is human down to his bones, his body was cut from rigid, unrelenting exercise and training and perfected with powerful runic magic to exceed human limitations. Though, if you asked those who weren't in the know about the true nature of the order, they'd say Rune Blades weren't human in the least bit.

Though he was covered in the standard equipment common among Rune Blades, a lot of people know what his body would look like under it all. A body built for combat, probably decorated with various scars from past encounters, and covered entirely with complex runic language structures that would radiate with power, enhancing his form. It can even be seen on his face, several circles and runic letters glowing on his visage. Even his eyes were no longer normal, the orbs overtaken by a fog of blue that almost looks like ethereal fire eternally burning in his skull.

A lot of Rune Blades cut their hair short to lessen liabilities in combat, but quite often they would go completely bald. Marius wasn't exactly bald, but he was pretty close cut, and his facial hair was close to being untrimmed, allowing his pale skin to be interrupted by dark stubble. But even a great portion of his face was covered up thanks to a rune-inscribed hood he had in place of a helmet. Though with the runes, that hood was just as effective in protection.

The entirety of his form was covered in dark tanned leather armor inscribed with several runes covering its surface to make it as effective in protecting him as steel plate, and offered him untold protection against magic and other effects. And the hood he wore was attached to a large cloak that covered his back but could easily conceal his entire form, carrying runes to help him disappear from sight if he needed to.

And strapped to his waist was the signature tool of the Rune Blades, a long, elegant blade of dark metal that had both sides of its blade covered in runes to make it a more effective tool.

Like most Rune Blades, he was on his own as he decided to look into this and see what it was all about. So it was his gruff, deep voice that spoke in the air. He considered himself an outward thinker...talking to himself helping his thinking process.

"Really, it's a good thing I got to this first before the Inquisitors did, or any witch hunters...they'd probably string up some girl based off a rumor and that'd be the end of it. Or even worse, a Daeva Vindicator would find this and wind up flaying every person here alive."

He crouched down and began inspecting the body, "Let's take a closer look here...doubtful I'll find many cooperative witnesses here, so I better take in all I can."

What is the state of the scene?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)