More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by silent soul ken silent soul ken

Who becomes the protagonist?

Mariko Nijima, Hibiki Yamano, and Sakura Fujihara

Mariko Nijima hummed as she mopped the floor. Mariko was a Japanese woman in her mid 30's, she had the typical Japanese woman build. Slight frame, slight bust, slight butt, long black hair tied into a ponytail, and a pretty looking face. She wore a simple white top and loose cotton pants. She lived in a house, with 2 other women who were not only good friends but her roommates they were rather unique in that they all had similar builds save some having slightly more than the other.

One of them was Hibiki Yamano, who she had known since childhood and had grown up with her from junior high and into college. Hibiki had slightly tanned skin, and a bigger bust than Mariko, she also had long shoulder length brown hair, a beautiful angular face and was also slightly more 'meaty' in terms of her limbs due to working out daily. Hibiki was also in her mid 30's, only being a year younger than Mariko, she was outgoing and confident and would often take Mariko out with her to do activities.

Next was Sakura Fujihara she had met the two via highschool and had become fast friends with them. Sakura in comparison had a slightly bigger butt than the other two, a slightly more rounded face, she also had black and brown highlighted hair in a bob cut. She was a strong, friendly and gossiping woman who could start conversations easily and had an eye for social media.

Mariko had 2 other friends who didn't live with her but they visited her often they also had similar builds to her own. The fourth of her friends was Himawari Noguchi, Himawari they met during in the other three's college years and became friends during classes they had taken together. Himawari had long black hair that went past her shoulders and to her upper back. She was considered the prettiest of the 5, as she had a face that could be used for modeling. She was also the fashion girl of the 5 often picking out clothes for them all.

The last of her friends was Yuki Kimura, she was actually met on their final year of college and she kept in contact with them during her years as they helped her with classes and finding a job. She was the resident cook and she had a job at a ramen shop and would often give her friends either leftovers or extra helpings of ramen when they went to the shop. She had short brown hair, and had a considerably large butt compared to the others. She was cheerful and bubbly, but she did have quirky side to her but they all saw it as part of her charm.

They were all dear friends to Mariko... but there was time she wished they were... more than that. That's right Mariko was a lesbian, not only that but she was deeply in love with all four of her friends. She had been for quite a while now, 3 years to be exact, and she longed she could admit her feelings... but she was too shy and embarrassed to do so. Also in her mind she was the least attractive out of all of them. She sighed as she pushed the mop... and heard a clattering sound. She paused then raised the mop to see... a wooden object on the ground. She paused then reached down to grab it. She held it up and looked at it, it looked like a wooden stick... she had seen this shape before she thought about it.... but she couldn't remember.

She put it on the coffee table and kept on mopping. She worked as an accountant she could work at home as result allowing her to not have to go out much. She hummed gently and paused to check the time, she pulled out her cell phone and checked... 7:40 PM. Hibiki would be coming back soon she worked at a hospital as a nurse. Sakura would be back a bit later due to working at an office. She finished mopping and went to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

-8:00 PM-

Mariko sniffed the curry, and then grabbed her tasting spoon and dipped it into the curry mix, she blew on the bit of curry then took a bite. Just the right flavor and spiciness, she placed the top on and went to finish frying the breaded pork meat. She heard the door creaking open as Hibiki walked in, "Awww I'm so tired." Hibiki groaned as she walked in taking off her shoes and walking into the recently mopped living room. She sat onto the sofa, leaned back and spread her arms out, "Sooooo many people today..." She moaned, she inhaled deeply and her nose picked up the scent of curry. She got up and went to the kitchen and saw Mariko cooking, she walked to the pot of curry, she inhaled deeply soaking the scent as much as she possibly could. She then looked at Mariko, "Smells delicious! When will it be ready?" She asked.

Mariko smiled, "In a few minutes."She said.

Hibiki went back to the living room and was about to reach for the remote when she saw the wooden object. She picked it up, "Is this yours?" She called, Mariko stepped out to look at the object in Hibiki's hand.

She shook her head, "No I found that while mopping today." She said, "It's not yours?" She asked, it was Hibiki's turn to shake her head, "What is it anyways?" She asked.

Hibiki looked at it, "It looks like a wand from that book series...what's it called?" She wondered, "Hmmm Carrey Totter?" She guessed.

Mariko thought remembered, "Harry Potter?" She offered Hibiki nodded, they had seen the first movie but weren't interested in it. "Well if it's not yours or mine then it must be Sakura's." She guessed, but that was all they had and they would have to wait till she came back to ask.

-30 minutes later-

Mariko grabbed the sauce smeared plates and took them to the kitchen to wash while Hibiki checked social media with her cellphone. It was then they heard the door unlocking and they looked to see Sakura walking in, she looked drained, "So much damn paperwork." she growled as she closed the door and kicked off her shoes. She smelled the curry and made a beeline for the kitchen. She grabbed a plate, scooped out some rice from the rice cooker, and then grabbing the ladle she poured out some curry on top, she also grabbed the remaining pork cutlets and went to the kitchen table to eat.

Hibiki looked at her then held up the wand, Mariko walking into the living room to see, "Sakura is this yours?" she inquired as Sakura began to eat. She looked up and shook her head there was a long silence, "If it doesn't belong to anybody... how did it get in here?" The question hung in the air.

Mariko then looked at them both, "Maybe... it really is magical?" She suggested.

Another pause then Hibiki grabbed her phone and began to search up for the words of a spell, she found a few and in engrish she said, "Lumos!" But nothing happened. She looked at it then she held it out, "Maybe I don't have the magic." She stated somewhat remorseful, Sakura swallowed her mouthful of food and grabbed it.

She held it up, and spoke the word with a complete english due to school, "Lumos!" she declared confidently, but again nothing helped.

She held it to Mariko who shook her head, "I-Im pretty sure I got no magic in me." She downplayed.

Sakura scowled, "Why are you like this? I wish you were more confident about yourself you don-" she stopped mid-rant as the wand tip began to glow. She gave a "Aie!" And dropped the wand. They all watched as it glowed then Sakura and Hibiki turned to Mariko.

She looked at them both, "What? came the question it was more aggressive than how she would of said it normally.

Her friends looked at each other then at the wand... it was clear what would happen next...

Who grabs the wand?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)