More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Nemo of Utopia Nemo of Utopia

Whom do you see in the mirror?

Marcus & Jane, Cassidy & Beverly, and Amy & 'Sun-Dance'

You'll be the talk of the town Marcus. You think with a smile admiring yourself in the fat mirror that only really serves to make you actually look the part.

You and your three best friends, Jane, Cassidy, And Amy have all come to the haunted house in costume, along with your two dates, Beverly and 'Sun-Dance'. For opening night there are only 25 VIP tickets each filled out to be given to a specific person, but each of them says "So-and-so, and Guest" read "And DATE". For you that was the perfect opportunity to finally make your move with Jane Lancaster, who has been your sweetheart since junior high, but here it is senior year and you two were still dancing around the issue. Well not any more, if the kiss you shared in the Limo ride over here was ANY indication at all, tonight is going to put a headstone on the whole virginity thing for both of you.

You and Jane are dressed as Abraham Van Helsing and his many generations removed decedent Integral Fairbanks-Wingates-Hellsing. You are wearing a full Victorian suit, complete with Top Hat, Tails, and a walking stick, that hides a Silver Plated Sword, "For Dealing With Werewolves". Additionally, each pocket holds a clove of garlic, The left hand pocket of your suit's pants holds a silver hip flask, full of holy water. That does not complete your very through attire, your belt has four loops on it, three filled with Cruciform stakes carved from rowan and inlaid with the full name of Christ in sliver, a four pound sledge hammer, and on your right hip an antique two shot derringer loaded with 'silver' bullets. (they actually are silver painted rubber bullets, because if somehow that gun ends up actually being fired you don't want anyone getting seriously hurt, but if you have to shoot it at a mugger or something on the way home you want it to stun them enough for you to RUN.) The Cravat of your suit is secured with a big silver pin in the shape of a Maltese Cross, with a huge blood-stone at the center so it wont break easily, and an identical one with a Ruby center hangs around Jane's neck, while she is wearing a suit with a shoulder holster on both sides for two Browning Hi-Power's chambered for 9MM ammunition and each loaded with a single 'silvered' rubber bullet just like your derringer.

Cassidy and Beverly came in a pair of costumes you had hanging around from a previous engagement. (you and your friends never really got over that 'dress-up' phase, you just started making more inventive, accurate, and high quality costumes.) They are dressed as 'Lightning Lass' and 'Mesa Madonna' from your attendance at Comic-con last year. 'Lightning Lass' has a yellow and blue costume that shows off Cassidy's washboard abs and DD tits, though nothing obscene, while 'Mesa Madonna' looks like a nun, but God-Help-You if the habit comes off and reveals her consecrated power armor!

Amy wanted to dress up as a cowgirl, but her boyfriend threatened to break up with her if she did. Her parents don't believe in guns anyway so instead she made up a set of Jedi robes and you loaned her your 'Masterclass' Yellow Light saber with realistic sounds and a realistically glowing blade. She also put together a full service tool belt, miniature grappling hook, micro two way radio, the works. Her date, latest in a long string of boyfriends, starting when she was 16, but the first one that has lasted more than three months, the end of last school year and all through the summer and school starting again up to now: is 'Sun-Dance', a big native american dude who's parents moved to town 3 years ago when the new corporate office of Cantilever Corp, your much older brother's holding company, hired them to do cyber security. He's 'Dressed Up' in some old leather motor cycle gear, because "Every day is Halloween for me, I've lived my whole life with seven generations of ghosts looking over my shoulder, in a land where my day-to-day existence is like looking in a fun-house mirror." To complete the look he's got a buck-knife on his belt, a stiletto in each boot, and a cap gun 'revolver' in a shoulder holster under his jacket.

"So, does everyone want to split up or stay as a group, and if we want to stick together do we start in the basement or the attic?" You ask and there's some hemming and hawing non-committal noises.

Split Up, Start in the Basement, or Go Upstairs?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)