More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Zaofan Zaofan

What's next?

Marco

Thorjen POV

Once they reached the training halls. Thorjen was surprised to see so many people already here so early. Although it probably showed that everyone was eager to get as much training done before the blessing ceremony, just like he was planning on doing.

The training halls were a set of spacious halls formed into 3 levels.

Each level contained its own sizeable amount of ‘air density’ which helped promote a harder training environment for the youths. The elite amongst the cultivating youth would spend their training on the 3rd and highest level. Within that particular room the air was so thin that most of them could only manage to cultivate within that atmosphere for no more than 30 minutes.

Threyja led him through the crowd of youthful Elves and found a space on the lowest level where they could both train.

The hall was filled with other young Elves, but it didn’t look as busy as the other rooms.

Threyja removed her outer robe, revealing her training uniform. A bright coloured sleeveless one piece, which cut just above her knees. It hugged onto her slender frame, which made her impressive well formed chest stand out that little more. Thorjen had to keep his eyes away, to prevent himself from ogling and getting distracted. He took a few calming breaths and centered himself.

They took each took their places on the centre ring. Bowed firstly, before beginning their hand to hand spar.

Threyja dashed forwards throwing an open palm strikes towards his torso and head simultaneously, he parried the first strike, dodged to one side and avoided the second. But Threyja used the momentum to throw a chopping left followed by a sweeping quick much faster than the first two strikes. Thorjen again avoided the strike and blocked her kick using a well angled shin kick. He used this moment to move closer towards her. He grabbed her waist and expertly pivoted his entire body and swung her over his rooted leg. Threyja welcomed the toss but halfway used the momentum again to flip herself over Thorjen and land a few metres away from him.

A warm smile creased against her slightly flustered face. She steadied her footing before rushing in again. Palms, fists and kicks were thrown in quick succession and Threyja was like a tempest unstoppable and unmatched. In a way Thorjen always thought she was one of the strongest amongst their age group, he couldn’t help reminiscing about their childhood when the roles were actually reversed for a short while. The timid shy girl had now grown into a beautiful battle maniac. Thorjen dodged and parried all her attacks with precision and finesse. He was starting to feel a slight throbbing pain against his shins and wrist but he grit his teeth and bore it.

The Spar lasted for about 30 minutes before they both pulled away from one another. Thorjen was covered in sweat whilst Threyja was red at the face and slightly panting. It was clear the levels between them both were like night and day. Thorjen was aware that she held back tremendously. There wasn’t a single ounce of Qi in any of her attacks. This was her raw inhumane strength. A cold sweat trickled down the side of his face once he thought about that.

“Wow Thorj. I couldn’t land a clean hit again. Your defence is incredible as always" she praised with a cute smile

"Sigh, if I could obtain that level of counter and balance, id surely raise my fighting ability to another level.” Threyja pondered earnestly. Thorjen smiled at her remarks. 'She’s being modest.' He thought.

'If she used Qi at any point during their spar, she would’ve wiped the floor with me ages ago.’ A few onlookers had stopped their training to witness the spar between the two.

“Threyja is so elegant and quick.” one of them said

“Can you imagine sparring against her.” Said another

“Ah that boy is lucky. Say...he seemed to hold his own against her too. His movements were like water.”

“That’s true I didn’t really pay him much attention since he was sparring with the goddess Threyja.”

“They looked like they were dancing. Such an impressive display.” A short and cute Elven girl remarked

“Usually when a duo look so good sparring it means they must be having wild sex.” Said am Elven boy in a gruff manner

“Ah I heard that too. Hmph if he gets to sleep with Threyja I’ll definitely hate his guts now.”

The mutterings of the crowd reached Thorjen’s ears, he could only try his best to ignore it still trying to work out if there was any real route towards victory for him today. He took an awkward glance towards Threyja and noticed her entire face was beet red. Not quite sure where to place her eyes.

Suddenly the chambers doors flung aside and a loud voice drew the attention of the onlookers towards it.

“Heh! knew you’d be wasting your time here as usual. And of course you’re choosing to spend it going easy on weaklings.” The obnoxious voice belonged to someone Thorjen was quite familiar with, a young man, slightly tall with flowing green hair and a charming grin. His brow narrowed whilst he watched the handsome fellow waltz into the training area. He was surrounded by a few other Elves with stiff glares and dressed in similar styled training uniforms.

His name was Marco.

Thorjen glared towards Marco before realizing he was sweating profusely, so he walked to the edge of the ring to collect his towel.

“What do you want Marco? And what I do with my time has got nothing to do with you.” Thryeja spoke out loudly. Hearing the embers of an argument brewing between two of the famous figures in their age group, excitement gleamed across the faces of those present. The youths hardly ever got the chance to experience the elite of the sects going at it. So today they were eagerly anticipating a great show

“Hmph still so cur. And for what? Over this trash who can’t even cultivate. You do know once we enter the mainland below, you wont be able to protect him? With his weak talent he’ll either be stupid enough to die or end up becoming another useless figure in the world. “

“ Shut up! Thorjen is twice the Elf you’ll ever be. And he’s 100 times more smarter than you or have you forgotten whose name sits at the top of every theoretical subject we’ve studied since children.” Threyjas words brought a gasping sounds from the onlookers nearby.

“Ah so that’s who he is…” Said one of them

“No wonder he looked familiar he’s Lady Eleanor’s son.”

“The one who can’t cultivate? I didn’t know he was that smart?”

“Yeah my Mother told me he could read the formation of stars as a child. They branded him a genius born once every 100 years, but alas fates can be cruel… he’s unable to cultivate at all I heard.”

“Pfft what the fuck? How unlucky is that.”

“Probably because of his mix bloodline.”

“Mixed bloodline…d-don’t tell me he’s the one…”

“Yup the half ling. But be careful not to say that around Lady Eleanor! Unless you want her to beat the shit out of you.”

Thorjen could hear nearly every whisper being spoken about him. Another one of his weird gifts he obtained after his 10th birthday. His sensory abilities were sharper than most, not only could he hear the tiny feet of ants nearby, his sense of smell and sight had also been heightened. He was of course immune to this sort of chatter these days and tried his best to brush off all the attention directed towards him.

He raised his gaze and looked towards Threyja, she wore a frustrated glare only barely hiding the sadness deep within her eyes. Marco seemed happy that the crowd were focused on him.

“Hey-listen I’m able to accept that just maybe! This weakling might be smarter than I am. But what are smarts without the strength to back them up? Today he is weak and has little to no chance of ever being stronger than me. So why don’t you accept my marriage proposal Threyja. I’ll be a better match for you than this weakling.”

Thorjen was finally shaken and lifted his eyes towards the smirking Marco, who was purposely avoiding his eye contact as though he didn't exist.

“Aha there he is! That look tells me you disagree with me ay weakling? So how about this then. If you can take 3 strikes from me. I’ll humbly accept defeat and leave Threyja alone. But if I win, you must forget about her and stop slowing her progress down, your an anchor to her and its best you start to understand that?

"SHUT IT Marco!" Threyja roared. With a soft smile, Thorjen held out his hand towards her gesturing for her to calm down.

"Heh, So what says you oh weak prince?”

Thorjen furrowed his brows, thinking silently for a few moments. He knew immediately what Marco was trying to do of course, but this had turned into another spectacle. What infuriated him the most was that he knew Marco was far from weak. He was considered a genius, possibly second to Threyja in terms of martial combat. Which placed his strength at least at the Peak stage of the foundation realm. But if it was 3 strikes than perhaps…

“That’s a stupid wager. Everyone knows you’ve been given rare elixirs from your daddy since you was born. Your cultivation is something Thorjen can’t go against. But why don’t you try your luck with me Marco. Let a girl beat your sorry behind in front of everyone.” The crowd oood and ahhh’d, of course most of them already understood Threyja was a battle maniac, and not many could stand toe to toe with her. Her words drew a darkened look across Marcos face.

“You think I’m scared of you? Just you wait after the blessing ceremony. And when we finally leave this god forsaken mountain we’ll see if you’re still talk so confidently. Hmph and is that how you fight your battles weak prince? Letting a girl do them for you. Tut-tut what would your dead human father think of his son?”

Thorjen felt a boiling rage rising in his gut. He wiped the sweat plastered against his face and stepped forwards towards Marco. As devious and annoying as Marco was, he wasn’t entirely wrong. He couldn’t keep letting Threyja fight his battles. And so what if his cultivation was low. Thorjen had read enough texts about the ancient heroes to know life wasn’t so black and white. There was always a way, and he was determined to find his own way by any means necessary.

“Fine ! Three hits Marco -bring it on!” he smiled charmingly

The crowd cheered with a delightful roar. Threyja swiftly appeared between Thorjen and Marco. Her pretty almond shaped eyes were filled with a great sense of worry.

“Thorj y-you don’t have to do this. That idiot can never make me do anything I don’t want too. So please don’t…”

“It’s fine Threy…I want to do this. I’ll be alright, believe in me.” He creased a charming smile and gently rubbed her warm cheek. Theryja seemed to crumble under the touch, placing her hand against Thorjens own, almost refusing him to remove her hand away. Thorjen was a little stunned, he played with the idea of both of them developing into something more than just friends. But he had first wanted to become strong enough to protect her. Then he was willing to open up his heart to the one person that was always on his side.

A sudden thought hit him, something told him then, that perhaps he could use this all to his advantage. For the sake of Threyja. He leant in closer towards her and gently kissed her against her cheek. Her eyes widened in surprise but no words escaped her mouth.

Thorjen stepped aside, removing his hand in the same motion. Marco was staring daggers at him, he looked like someone had just broken his heart and stomped on the pieces. Even the onlookers had quietened down during the small conversation held between he and Threyja, the picturesque scene of star struck lovers defending their love was clearly melting the hearts of the impressionable girls around. Thorjen could even hear a few of the crowd rooting for him. They were painting this out to be a weird love triangle.

Thorjen put all these things to the back of his mind and took his place opposite Marco. He just needed to withstand 3 hits. It was easier said than done considering Marco was definitely going to go all out in a bid to embarrass him. Despite knowing this, and understanding just how incredibly reckless this was, Thorjen was slightly surprised by how he was somewhat looking forward to this. He wanted to know just how huge the gap was between he and the martial geniuses of his age group. And apart from verbsl encounters with Marco outside of the ring. He never really got a chance to see first handily just how strong he was.

Thorjen widened his feet slightly and adopted the tiger striking stance he had seen many times with his left hand, with his right hand he positioned it around his hip. This was the proper form of using the tiger style, it also allowed those proficient enough to adopt the defensive turtle stance in a fluid motion. This style was taught to him by his mother who excelled in the water arts techniques. The water style techniques were perfect for encountering enemies who were incredibly strong.

Marco looked slightly surprised for a few moments before smirking. In response, Marco slowly raised one of his fists. A blueish fire started to burn around it. He then took a deep breath and exhaled forth twice. The flame turned bright gold. Seeing this Thorjen was instantly hit with a terrible premonition of looming disaster. Ever since he could remember, his sense of danger was acutely sharp and terrifyingly precise to go with it. Some days he felt as though he could sense dangers about to occur for other people. And today, he knew that Marco was about to shock everyone.

He realised by that golden flame majestically burning around Marcos’s fist that he had failed to overlook something very important. Marco’s prowess easily stunned the crowd, but he wasn’t done yet. He used his free hand to wave an invisible around him. And a gale of silver wind started to cradle Marco.

“No way! Is that…”

“Fuck it is! He can harness dual martial elements. Wind and fire tha-that means.”

“He’s reached the absolute final stages of the foundation realm.”

"No...he's perhaps broken into the Qi condensation realms."

The words from the crowd confirmed Thorjens fears. Marco was no longer dwindling in the peak foundation stage realm. And was now tethering on in the realm of the true martial elites.

‘The Qi condensation layers of power…fuck!’

“Haha hope you don’t die on me weak prince.” Marco shot forwards and arrived in front of him in a blink of an eye. Thorjen felt all the nerves against his body sending warning signals. He abandoned the martial forms and made a cross guard as he tried to desperately dodge at the same time. He felt a surge of heat flashing past him, narrowly missing his face but yet still made the slightest of contacts against his shoulder.

*Boom* *Crack*

The hot pain writhed against his entire body and sent him flying across the sandy arena.

Thorjen heard nothing but a ringing echo. His vision was blurring and he saw the sides of his eyes starting to close in with darkness. Amongst the distortions he heard a voice crying out to him. Thorjen wasn’t completely shocked by the sheer difference in power. He himself hadn't even stepped onto the initial stages of the foundation realm. This bout was likened to a cub going against a fully grown lion.

“Thorjen! Get up!” Something snapped him back into reality. He shook his head free and rather slowly raised himself back to his feet. The sheer adrenaline was what kept him going at this moment. His face was covered in sand and he could taste and feel blood leaking out of his nose and mouth. That punch was the most devastating punch he had ever faced. Thorjen could barely hold himself upright, staggering around a little comically as though he was drunk. He could barely see and hear, but amidst the laughter of the crowd and cries from Threyja. He started to make out the hazy view of Marco in his front.

He could tell Marco was laughing and speaking, but he couldn’t worry about that for now. He glanced down and noticed the state his left arm was in. Thorjen used his right hand to punch himself. He made a groan and slowly his senses were turning normal again. Now his mind was clearer.

“Ah so you still want more. Well a bets a bet but if you bow down and apologize ill spare you the beatings.”

Thorjen raised his head proudly and with a bloody smile he slowly said.

“Shut your mouth and attack.” The laughter from the onlookers silenced. Even Threyjas cries had stopped. Marco looked around himself, it seems as though the reaction he wanted he wasn’t getting. This looked to annoy him even more.

“Fine-you want to he tough then take this.” He dashed towards him again, so quick Thorjen never saw him even move. But he sensed him better this time and ducked low before sweeping a leg towards where he knew Marco would be, and at the same time he tossed forward an open palm strike.

*Pap!* he struck something solid. Marco was shocked to see an open palm firmly against his chest, his second strike was made to miss completely which drew the loudest cheer from the crowd for the day.

A smile creased against Thorjens crooked mouth. But he then saw an anger like never before flash across Marcos face.

“Yo-you fucking weakling…h-how dare you.” he sneered venomously

Marco abandoned all reason and grabbed hold of Thorjens palm, he twisted it until a snapping sound was heard. Thorjen quickly tapped Marcos shin with a firm low kick, then he hit him against his thigh then used his foot to push away from him. Marco released the grip due to the precise pressure hits he had just received. His anger was only being fuelled the more Thorjen fought back.

Suddenly Thorjen saw Marcos beast like appearance bearing towards him, his two hands formed makeshift claws as he attempted the devastating crane strike. Thorjen felt a cold sweat as he felt as though razor sharp talons were falling. But instead of the expectant crane strike he anticipated, Marco speared him. Smashing into his body which felt like a huge mountain came crashing into him. This was an unexpected move. Since Elves believed spars should be honourable, so take downs and pins weren’t allowed. But Marco had lost himself. And was now towering on top of him delivering a flurry of devastating blows to his face.

Thorjen felt his whole world turn upside down and in moments he was seeing darkness. But just before he blacked out, he heard Marco’s voice in the fog.

“How do you like that you weakling! Don’t you think you can lay a single finger on me ever again. I’ll fucking kill you! Understand me!”

Threyjas voice was mixed in with the great commotion. And judging by the dozens of footsteps and voices. The onlookers must have already stepped in and stopped Marco. Thorjen was already floating in a dark space, but just before his consciousness faded. He feebly managed to raise one of his arms above his head and stuck out his middle finger to the world.

‘I win…’ he thought within his smiling heart.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)