More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by CandidBandit CandidBandit

What next?

Make Your Own Girlfriend Ltd.

Taylor sat there just taking in the sight.

Lucy Heartfilia was standing in his room. Just staring at the wall, but she was there. He wasn’t seeing things.

At least he thought he wasn’t.

When he touched the girl before, she seemed real enough.

The only thing that seemed off, besides the fact that they were appearing at all, was that they didn’t do or say anything. Just looked off at the wall as if they were looking through it.

And the fact that Taylor could change details about them. Their height, weight, hair colour… Breast size.

Taylor idly flipped back to the tab with all the little details and watched as he made Lucy shorter, then taller. No movement or sound again. Next he made her tits smaller, then bigger.

Seeing them deflate and inflate was kind of funny and he smiled. It just seemed silly to see a part of a person’s body grow independent of the rest of the body.

Taylor noticed a small button by Lucy’s name at the top of the page that said ‘Default’. It wasn’t there for the first girl. And he wasn’t on this tab when Beyoncé was in his room. He wondered what it would do but had a fair idea.

He pressed it and Lucy phased back to how she originally was when he first pressed her name in the Saved Presets tab. That could be useful.

Taylor went back through the rest of the tabs to see if he could make any more sense of what was happening. He stopped when he pressed back onto the Personality page. The empty white spaces now had words in them. Entire paragraphs took up the page, and there was even a scroll bar on the side that suggested more.

Taylor read through some of it and realised that it was all just about Lucy. About what kind of person she was. So, basically it was her biography page. What was written seemed to focus on how she thought and felt about things. Keywords were highlighted, all of them a personality trait in some way. Taylor saw ‘Kind” as being one of them.

It all looked like something from a wiki page. Heck, Taylor wouldn’t be surprised if it was pulled straight from the Fairy Tail wiki.

One thing did stand out though, and that was the white space that was left blank at the top of the page. Not sure what it meant, Taylor decided to tap on it.

The see-through keyboard popped up again in his vision. A flashing vertical line cursor appeared in the blank white space as well.

“What? C-can I add stuff…?” Taylor asked the window.

“Um, okay… err,” He mumbled as he thought of what to write. “Hmm, maybe ‘Lucy loves Taylor Benson.’”

He snorted at how stupid he felt by writing that but pressed enter anyway.

The white space that he just wrote in shifted down the page and a new blank white space appeared above it.

“Huh. Okay, so I can write more stuff? Neat.”

He tapped on the new blank space and decided that he had no reason to feel stupid. It wasn’t like anyone could see him in this situation. So, he went and wrote a riskier sentence.

“Lucy likes to suck Taylor Benson’s dick.”

He pressed enter and laughed to himself. He still didn’t get any of it.

Ignoring the rest of the Personality tab, he moved on.

Taylor looked through the weird floating interface some more and came to the last tab on the list of tabs. This one was titled as 'Confirmation.' This tab's options simply had the one question 'Apply changes?' Underneath that were the words 'Yes' and 'Reset' with tick boxes next to them.

He supposed that this would be the last thing to do when making a character. Taylor pressed "Yes" and waited for something to happen. But everything stayed much the same. Lucy was still staring blankly at the wall. Taylor was beginning to think that he needed to do something else when a new floating box came into view.

This one popped up in the bottom right of his vision and had "Lucy H." written on it. Curiously, Taylor tapped it once and it grew a little to include a few extra buttons beneath Lucy's name. The new buttons, at first glance, appeared to be similar to that of a media player. It had the triangular play button and the double lined pause button, but that was where the similarities ended. Next to the pause button was a wrench symbol which Taylor took a wild guess that it might have something to do with editing her. But that was just a wild guess.

Other than those buttons, there were only two others. A rewind button with a line underneath it, and no fast-forward button. And a weird circular shape that kind of made Taylor think of a balloon popping.

He couldn't help himself. The other buttons seemed intuitive enough. This popping balloon one just seemed like a mystery. He pressed it and jumped a little in surprise. Lucy vanished!

Once again, no noise or movement was made. Just one second she was there, the next she was gone.

Taylor tried pressing that weird popping button again to see if it would bring her back...

And there she was staring at the wall again.

Taylor let out a confused breath. None of this made any sense to him. Why did I suddenly get the ability to... well, essentially make a person?

He sighed, not knowing if he was dreaming or hallucinating, but resigned himself to try to figure this all out. So, he pressed play.

Lucy blinked. For the first time since she appeared in Taylor's bedroom she blinked. For the first time since the generic boy popped into existence this creation blinked. Taylor could see her make the small movements of a living, breathing creature. Her chest moved as she inhaled, then exhaled. Her eyes looked at the wall as if she were actually seeing it now, instead of staring blankly through it.

She turned her head right, then left, saw Taylor standing at the corner of her vision and turned to him fully. When she got a good look at him she suddenly smiled brightly, a blush appearing on her cheeks.

"Hey, you." She said, smiling so warmly at him. Her voice sounding loud in Taylor's ears.

Not once had a girl ever been in his room. And now there was one standing in front of him. Talking to him. One that he created sure, but a creation that looked and felt like the real thing. To say that he was shocked by everything up until now would be an understatement. A girl that he created just said "hey" to him, and yet all he could do was stand and stare open mouthed.

"Um, a-are you okay there, Taylor?" She asked, her question cutting into his shocked thoughts. She looked a little concerned at his reaction and leaned a little closer.

And she said his name! That completely threw him off. Though, he couldn't figure out why it would. She probably knew his name because of the weird power he had. There was no other explanation. But it did stop him from responding right away.

She then looked at the room she was in. "Is this your room?" She asked, looking a little lost.

Again, Taylor couldn't find his voice to answer.

"Uh, hey, Earthland to Taylor? Anyone in there?" She looked back at him and looked a little more worried at his lack of response. "Hey, come on. You are kind of scaring me here."

She moved a little closer until she was about ten inches away, her cute face achingly concerned. "Did something happen? You can tell me." She said kindly.

Taylor tried to say something but found that his mouth had gone dry. He tried clearing his throat and get some moisture before trying again.

"I..." But he couldn't think of anything to say.

Just then he heard his mom call up the stairs. "Taylor! Dinner's ready!"

"Who's that?" Lucy asked, sounding quite confused.

Taylor was panicking a bit now. He couldn't keep his mom waiting, but he had no idea how to tell her about any of this.

"Taylor? Who was that just now? Come on! Why won't you say anything?" Lucy was getting more and more perplexed the more and more he left her hanging.

He couldn't deal with any of this right now. He tried to think of how to work through this unbelievable situation, until his eyes fell on the tab with Lucy's name and the media control buttons.

Of course! I just used those earlier. How could I forget? He thought. He hurriedly pressed the pause button just as Lucy was about to say something else. And she looked a little angry now. Good thing he remembered the pause button in time.

Now, with the impossible creation out of the way, he let out a sigh. He suddenly felt so tired. This... is too damn crazy.

He was looking at Lucy's confused and annoyed face while trying to figure out how to deal with this new... superpower? It was then that he heard steps coming up the stairs. They got to the landing and moved towards his door.

Taylor hurriedly pressed the balloon button to make Lucy disappear. One moment a mildly aggravated blonde girl was standing there frozen, the next she was gone. Just in time too as his mom knocked on the door before opening it anyway, as moms do.

"Honey, I said dinner's ready. Were your ears plugged in again?" She asked as she leaned into his room. She looked inquisitively at him, seeing that he was already standing in the middle of the room.

"Uh, no. I heard you. I was just heading down." He told her.

She watched his face for a moment, no doubt wondering if he was hiding something from her, before nodding and backed out of the room. He could hear her walking back down the stairs and he sighed in relief.

During that brief conversation Taylor noticed that the two see-through blue windows at the top right and bottom left of his vision had minimized.

I guess that's useful. He thought to himself as he rubbed at his temples.

Those windows becoming minimized meant that he could worry about them after dinner. Because he really didn't feel like he could handle it right now if they stayed open, constantly reminding him of something so fundamentally impossible.

He sighed once more time before heading out of his room and downstairs. Maybe a normal dinner would calm him down.

Does he calm down?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)