More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by leroy leroy

Who are you?

Major and Minor powers

(This is a list of all factions that have been mentioned in the chapters. More will be added as more are created. If you want to create a faction just add a chapter with them and their description and I'll add it to this page.)

Major Powers

Interstellar Asian Authority: The Interstellar Asian Authority was created after the second Korean War. With the help of the then United States as well as several other neighboring countries North Korea and China were both defeated. With no further threats in the region, the US withdrew to the home front as the Asian powers who hosted their bases no longer felt a need for the protection. What rose from the ashes was the Asian League which would later become the Interstellar Asian Authority when they finally reached space. The Authority was the original creator of the Futanari but with the original versions being to the Bion virus they opened up their research to their enemies. Today the Asian Authority has gone from being the most populous power to being on par with the ESF and the UCA.

European Space Federation: After the dissolution of the European Union there was conflict and strife in Europe as states tried to re-establish their own borders. Once again Germany had the idea to conquer Europe. The plan started before the collapse of the European Union where Germany all members out of NATO. It then started taking the role the US had once played. Even with the dissolution, they maintained bases all over Europe. After deciding the time was right they launched an all-out attack. It was foiled by intelligence gathered by Great Britain and shared with the rest of Europe who united against the German threat. It was after this war that the European's realized they were stronger together and that somebody had to keep an eye on Germany. Thus the European Federation was born which would later become the European Space Federation. They have an intense rivalry with the IAA due to an experiment gone wrong with a population growth .

United Colonies of America: After the second US civil war the United States was divided into two halves. After a bit of talking with one another, they could only agree on a few things. Deciding that they were still stronger together the two decided to not join again but have a binding and interwoven government. Calling it a Confederacy would have involved too much history so they decided to rename the states as Colonies in order to link to the country's roots. Over time with the instability of the world, this structure spread to Canada and Mexico. Several South American Countries joined as well and the Colonies got a head start into space by being the inventors of the jump drive. While the central power of the UCA is rather weak with its colonies having great amounts of autonomy its military has a unified structure which allows it to both protect itself and attack when opportunity calls.

Neutral Nation:

Swiss Conglomerate: The Swiss Conglomerate continues the grand tradition of Swedish neutrality. So much so that when it came time for the Code of Conflict to be ratified it was the only country all powers could agree on to make the weapons and armor without allowing anyone to cheat. The Conglomerate takes its duties seriously and every warship in every fleet has at least two members of the Conglomerate aboard to mediate the conflicts and release the winners and losers from locked down armor. There have been a few embarrassing incidents where the Conglomerate has accidentally released fighters early but as none of those turned the tides of their battles the Conglomerate is still the most trusted name in the human sphere.

Minor Nations:

African Directorate:

The only thing preventing the Directorate from being a major power is the fact that its authority is even more decentralized than the UCA. A country with a respectable but decentralized military the Directorate relies on a series of deals and agreements between its military leaders and its administrators for its military and government commitments. This decentralized power can cause trouble, especially when one of their elements launches an attack without the knowledge of the others who then have to protect themselves from the counter-attack.

Centauri Alliance:

The Centauri Alliance is a coalition of the oldest colonies going back to the time of the first round of colonization. Each member is entirely independent of the others with vastly different forms of government ranging from monarchy to true democracy. The only area which they have agreed to work together on totally is defense. Only defense. Any aggressive action is left to the respective member of the Alliance. While they aren't a major power due to their limited territory and lack of desire to expand their worlds have much larger populations than others due to their focus on internal growth rather than external colonization. This makes them a very attractive ally for someone who provides the weapons and armor to turn those numbers into soldiers. All three of the major powers take an intense interest in the affairs of the Alliance in hopes of eventually controlling them.

Vikings

The Vikings were members of the ESF before they decided that colonies away from Earth should chart their own destiny, especially with war brewing against the IAA. When the aliens came they rejoined the ESF military temporarily to combat the threat when it revealed itself. Afterward they once again went their own way with the ESF too war-weary to try and stop them. After the Code of Conflict was signed they began a career as raiders which have been both dreaded and in some cases looked forward to. When they attack they will either win or their entire will be taken as breeders. Their naval forces rely on speed rather than firepower to get their troops on the ground. Being assigned to a ship is almost always a sentence of being bred for a Viking if the enemy has even numbers.

Amazon Consortium

During the Second American Civil War, a major company in the United States decided to move its operations down south of the border for safety. Their massive capital and infrastructure improvements eventually made them as powerful as the governments and eventually they became the government. They saw an opportunity to establish themselves further when the race to space began. Their primary world of Amazonia was one of the most powerful trade hubs in the pre-war era. When the war began the Consortium paid a heavy price in both blood and treasure in the conflict resulting in a loss of their status. In the new order that has appeared afterward, the Amazonians are seeking their former glory. With their primary world being a jungle planet the Amazons became experts in terrain warfare however they have a severe disadvantage on open ground. The Amazon's special forces are known and feared throughout space. Simply calling themselves "The Amazons" they represent the pinnacle of the Consortiums military. Selected for their strength and beauty these elite warriors have turned the tide of many battles.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)