More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Zyophyr Zyophyr

Who are you?

Lucien: The mystery at Starfall.

(A quick note before we begin, this is the very first thing i have ever attempted to write in my life so feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also to the original author TMJ2008 i hope you don't mind my little attempt here, i found the idea of this story very compelling overall, but wanted to take it down a bit of a darker route like 'memiors of a minion')

".. Lucien." Whispers erupt as you are called up. Not many people have even seen you at the academy, being somewhat of an urban legend among your peers. One of the 'seven wonders of Starfall' as they like to put it. Many think you don't even exist until you walk centre stage for all to bear witness. Time seems to hang still as you walk up on stage, radiating power and...loneliness?

Standing at 6'5", you tower above most students. Your jet black hair is pulled back, barely forming a ponytail. Your piercing blue eyes send shivers down spines and cause stomachs to knot. Truly, you stand out from the crowd yet nobody has seen you before.

It's strange, living a life not knowing who you are or where you come from. You have no memories before the previous 2 years. The first thing you remember was waking up in the personal quarters of the wizened wizard.

You hadn't been told much of the circumstances surrounding your arrival. All you know is that you seemed to have just walked up to the heavy doors of the academy, flung them open almost straight off their hinges with amazing and scared the life out of a few faculty members enjoying breakfast on the other side before collapsing on the spot. At least, that is the story you have been told.

You have no idea what would have become of you if not for the old man. The wizened wizard sensed something in you that both intrigued him and frightened him to his very core.

"Who is that?", you hear from multiple voices in the crowd.

"He looks scary...", you overhear from a female voice.

"I wonder what his familiar will be?", another says.

You don't know if you should be upset or angry. Two years at the academy. Two years and nobody recognises you?

Fucking humans, you think to yourself, followed closely by, Wait, why would I think that?

"Go on, boy", you hear a calm yet oddly powerful voice say behind you.

I guess you don't get to be headmaster of a magic academy without the ability to back up your authority, you think to yourself

They say that the familiar you summon will match who you are, completing you as a person. But just who are you?, you wonder. Maybe you will get to find out.

Closing your eyes and focusing on the 'you' that you don't know, the 'you' that you desperately want to remember, you raise a hand in the air as if grasping for an answer. The wind starts to pick up and the air becomes thick and feels as though it is vibrating. Unease begins to spread over the crowd like wildfire, faculty visibly concerned and beginning to prepare for the worst.

Opening your eyes, they burn like fire in the dead of night.

"Come."

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)