More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by EchoWrites EchoWrites

You See...

Lord Admiral Nikolas Fainwright - Guardian in the West

The brilliant crystal teal of the water in the Lord Admiral’s Cove was the first thing Nikolas Fainwright realized, even before the island growing larger as they moved into the harbor proper. He sighed a bittersweet sigh and leaned against the bow of his flagship. His father was a distant man but he served as Lord Admiral justly and rightfully had the respect of the Lagan Admiralty. They would listen, sure but a young admiral with little experience in both court intrigue and matters of war would have a long road ahead to being truly secure in his position.

“Hey, you look lost. We’ll be ok. Your father was younger than you when he was made lord admiral. If he can do it, you can do it.” The sound of the familiar coarse female captain drew Nikolas out of his silent contemplation. He turned to face the Captian who had long been a family friend and close confidant of his fathers.

“Yeah. I know it’s just a lot. I leave for the Frostpeaks to learn a little court intrigue from our allies and now I find myself returning the newly minted Lord Admiral. It’s a lot to take in Sofia. I will be the man they need.” Resolutely he stands before the bow turning towards the long time family friend who stepped closer, tenderly bracing her hands on his shoulders.

“I know my lord, I swear we will not fail the islands.” She smiled motherly at the young lord. Nikolas lifted his head stepping back towards the wheel of the third rate ship Ravager, taking a moment to step back and admire Captain Sofia. She was in her mid thirties but still in the excellent fighting shape expected of the Lagan Admiralty. She had the fiery red hair of someone from the mainland but the sun kissed tan of a true islander. Her lithe body was mostly hidden by the overcoat protecting her from the sea-spray. The coat’s front hung open showing her modest bosom and shapely hips.

Nikolas shook himself away before he was caught staring. The smirk that crossed the captian’s face was dismissed as a figment of his imagination lest he die of embarrassment at the thought of her catching him. It was odd that only now he found himself truly appreciating her figure and wondering if his father ever did the same.

There was little time for trivial thoughts like the past though. No doubt the admiralty were already heading towards the Serpent’s Crest awaiting his arrival. The ship moored without incident and with only a moment’s hesitation Captain Sofia Lord Admiral Nikolas set foot on his land.

To the Serpent's Crest

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)