More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Sable Flame Sable Flame

Centuries later, who are you?

Lily, priestess of Athela (Notes and Worldbuilding).

As you step into the Scriptorium, you inhale the subtle odors of parchment and ink. This is the true incense of your deity, the odor of knowledge recorded and truth defined.

Though as an Amazon you of course owe a unique loyalty to Ama, she was not so mad or jealous as to command that her daughters pay homage to her alone and neglect her divine brothers and sisters. The Amazons offer prayer and sacrifice to all members of the Pantheon as appropriate. Even Yamalan, the Earth Mother and patron of (among other things) female fertility, receives prayers and offerings to propitiate her constant irritation at Ama's co-opting of her divine domain, that she might not blight the crops of Lesbos or curse the Amazons' livestock.

As for you, you are one of the chosen of Athela, deity of truth and learning, and you stand within the Great Library of Lesbos. Most here wear the same garb as you, the pure white robe with the stark black belt and the Eye of Athela embroidered in black over your heart. Such priestly robes might seem slightly impractical for work, particularly for the work of the Scriptorium, but the same divine blessing that gives the raiment its colors, white and black purer than any mundane dye could achieve, also helps keep minor stains from taking hold.

You settle down at your desk, making a quick check of your supplies. Ink, quills, and blank parchment are all present, and so are the books, both the original you are currently transcribing and the half-finished blank copy. All the supplies you need for a morning's transcription work.

What book are you copying?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)