More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Control Freak Control Freak

Who starts off with which rings?

Leo and Ray, twin brothers [Both Rings]

*ring*

*ri-*

"Hey Ray, what's up?"

"Leo, I've got something amazing to show you. Come over to my place, right now!"

"Dude, I'm about to head off to work, but I can come by after."

"Dammit... hey wait. Isn't today your day off?"

"Uh... yeah, you're right. Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking."

"No worries, bro. So are you coming over now?"

"Yeah, I'm on my way. I'll be there soon."


"So, what do you want to show me so urgently?" Leo asked as he sat down on Ray's couch. He knew his brother could get excitable at times, but the way he sounded on the phone was downright manic. Plus, since he walked in the door his brother had the biggest grin that Leo had ever seen on his face.

"Check these out," Ray said, holding out his hand to show Leo two rings. One was a brilliant gold and the other was shining silver, but other than they they looked completely identical.

"Okay, these are nice looking rings, but I don't get why you called me over to show them off," Leo said, brushing his messy brown hair out of his eyes.

"Because these aren't any ordinary rings," Ray replied, "I found them on the sidewalk last week, and since then... you know what, there's an easier way to do this."

Ray slipped on the gold ring, then asked Leo, "You know what these rings do, don't you?"

Leo blinked in confusion, then his eyes went wide as he suddenly realized just what his brother had his hands on.

"Holy shit," he said, standing up, "Those rings..."

"Yup, amazing isn't it?" Ray asked, before pulling the gold ring off his finger again.

"Yeah... wait, you just used it on me! Twice!"

"Sorry," Ray said sheepishly, "I figured it'd be easier and faster than trying to convince you they work and that I'm not crazy the old-fashioned way."

"Okay, fine, you're right about that," Leo admitted, "But did you use them on me before now?"

"Only to give you the day off and get you down here, I promise," Ray replied, "I kept most of my testing to random people on the street."

Leo gave him a skeptical look.

"...Aaaaaaand I might've talked my landlord into letting me stay here rent-free. But that's it, really!"

"Damn, nice," Leo said, "But why tell me this at all? Why not keep it your little secret?"

"Two reasons," Ray said, counting it off on his fingers, "The first is that I wanted to share my good fortune with my brother. The other is because I can't use them at the same time anyway, and would rather not have to deal with figuring out which ring I'm using at any one time."

"Oh yeah, that whole feedback effect," Leo said, his magically gifted knowledge letting him know exactly what happened if you wore both rings at once.

"Yeah, I spent the rest of last week fixing everything I messed up after learning that the hard way on day 3," Ray said, "I was lucky someone asked me the right question to let me realize what was happening, or I'd probably still be walking around messing everything up and thinking I was in control."

He held out the rings again, "So Leo, which one do you want? I'm fine using either one myself, so take whichever. I think as long as we're both wearing one of the rings, we can both see any changes and not be to answer each other."

"Yeah, that's how it'd work," Leo said confidently, "As long as we both wear them on the left hand, anyway."

"Wait, seriously? The hand we wear it on matters?" Ray asked with a raised brow, "How'd you- oh, right, duh. You probably know more about them than I do at this point. All the more reason you should pick. So what'll it be? Affirmation or Negation?"

Which ring does Leo take?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)