More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Aseari Aseari

You...

Learn you're connected to the Duke's eldest daughter.

earn to your dismay that your Soulmate - Soulbond is the Eldest Daughter of the Duke.

It's when you're given one of the most important tasks; serve food amongst others at lunch.

You're making your first round of handing out the plates of food. There's seven people at the table. Sitting at the head of the table is Duke Blacktongue, stern as usual with his shaved face and short, black hair. To his left sat his wife and former adventurer Maria Blacktongue. She boasted a wicked looking rainbow coloured scar across her neck, a wound that earned her the name "Wicked Witch Blacktongue" amongst locals. Not that she was wicked or a witch.

Esteban Skaul, the Duke's Mage and confidante sat at his right, tapping away idly, obviously bored. Unlike the Duke's thin demeanor, he was slightly fat and short.

Emily Blacktongue, the Eldest Daughter and an aspiring merchant sat next to her mother, chatting away. She inherited her Mother's pale blue eyes, but not her mother's light brown hair. No, instead she got the pale blonde hair her father sported. Her black dress fit snugly on her.

Maria's Brother Gregori sat beside Esteban, also dressed excellently in a suit.

Finally, the youngest sister and brother, Sylvyn and Colen, were quiet at the table. Something your siblings never were, even after warned or punished.

You learned whom it was as you overheard Emily and Maria talking to each other.

"Mom," Emily whispered, "I feel it. They're here. In this house."

Maria frowned. "There's only servants in this house at this time of day. That's an issue."

You placed down the plates, hoping that Emily didn't realise, didn't learn. As you turned to head back into the kitchen, Emily stood and called out "You, serving maid!" Your beetroot face betrayed you too easily.

You turned with a curtsey at Emily, who was staring right into you. Your heart pounded in your chest loud enough for you to hear it.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)