More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by mack2028 mack2028

What Now?

Learn the Basics

Harry looked over the chapter carefully, making sure to read everything as closely as possible. It was split into clear paths to learning, so that what you know builds onto the next. The first spells were unimpressive but useful, simple building blocks to the more powerful spells.

The first of these spells was a blood refilling charm, a simple healing charm that reinvigorates blood in a person. Harry wasn't really sure of the usefulness of the spell, but he figured that it couldn't hurt, and so quickly mastered the spell. An interesting footnote to the chapter helpfully pointed out that it would cause a tree to leak sap if cast on it. "Now that's useful!" He muttered to himself sarcastically, with a little giggle.

The second wasn't much of a spell at all, more like guidelines to the process of a specific form of meditation. The intended goal was to trick yourself into briefly feeling intense desire or lust, with the final goal of being able to do so at a moment's notice.

The third spell was a form of legilimency, which allowed one to discover the desires of a person rather than outright read their mind.

The last was a spell that allowed one to shape-shift part of their body. Eagle eyes, raptor talons, wolf nose, goat hooves were all examples referenced in the book, but it followed that by saying any part of the body could be changed into that of an animal so long as you have a part of that animal's essence. The process to do this can be done if you have only part of the animal, but some parts worked better than others, and some extractions worked better for different kinds of transformations. Just by casting his gaze around the room briefly he was able to discover dozens of such items for various animals that had a good chance of working, should he choose to give that spell a try, though for animals that were a bit more exotic it may take a trip elsewhere to acquire the ingredients necessary.

What Now? Try One Out? Or Keep Reading?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)