More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Creation of Avatar (name, occupation, race);Army(race, faction);World of choosing

Kyle Albert Velasquez, Savage Amazonian Samurai, South Pacific Islands

Your previous life was marked with tragedy, when you were very young an intense fever rendered you mildly mentally disabled, 'Retarded' was the technical term at the time, and you never fully recovered, then at 16 when you were finally transitioning into normal high-school a pair of angry and bitter fellow students came to school with an arsenal of guns and started shooting up the place, wounding 24 and killing you and 12 others, almost none of which were the people they had really wished to target. Due to your disability, you lived and died a virgin, but were growing intensely interested in fixing this situation just before your .

However while tragedy stalked you in life so did blessings and virtue: You had a loving family, were incredibly willing and even eager to help with any work around the house, finding a meditative calm in hard work and repetitive activity. You went shopping with your mother almost daily, built shelves and worked on the cars with your father, and mowed the lawn, all without complaint and with joy in your heart. Your favorite activities however was time spent with your older brother, which was where you learned how to play RTS, RPG, and Civilization-like video-games, though you were never very good at them. Your ultimate ambition in life had been to join the Navy like your father before you, though you had not realized that you had no real chance to actually accomplish that dream due to your disability.

After you died you awoke in this white room, freed from the limitations of your damaged body and suddenly understanding dozens of things you had 'learned' in life but never been able fully comprehend, and undertook an intense training regimen finish preparing you for your next life, lasting about 2 years, where upon you went into the character, army, and world creation menus.

You were never particularly ecstatic about your old body, which ran to fat and required glasses, not to mention the brain damage, so you start by editing that. You want to be fully adult this time, because high-school sucks, so you make your new incarnation 18, which is how old you FEEL now anyway. You decide to increase your fitness and appearance to be able to get with the ladies, making yourself a chiseled 6'2” individual with eyes and hair the same color as in your previous existence (Brown and Black) but a healthy tan. You also give yourself an improved set of genitals, making your phallus 8” long and 2” wide, as well as uncircumcised, thanks to the education since your revealing the amount of nerve tissue you lost with that little snip of skin, and wanting that increased sensitivity and performance potential back.

You then start working on your abilities, giving yourself a number of skills and talents relating to leadership, sailing, boat making, and combat. (This IS an RTS after all, you are sure you will be in combat at some point, in spite of never having wanted to kill anyone.)

You also pick out 'Sovereign L.1' making yourself a civic as well as military commander it's expensive but you have a lot of Karma Points, so you are fine with that.

Next you pick out gear, and find that the stuff you were hoping for is more expensive than you are comfortable with, even with your store of points you could barely afford a light-saber, so you go with much lower cost gear, picking out a Daisho*, USMC standard uniform, and some bamboo armor, as well as a back banner showing the flag of the USA, because while your avatar may look like a samurai you are a patriot for the United States and will support it's ideals and policies, at least most of them...
*(A Japanese Samurai's matched pair of Katana and Wakizashi, 'Long' and 'Short' Japanese folded steel, gently curved, swords. Traditionally worn on the left hip and wielded either singly with the Katana griped in both hands or as a pair with one sword in each hand these masterfully crafted swords are said to literally embody the very soul of the Samurai who owns them, and who naturally would go to great lengths to recover them if lost or stolen.)

At this stage you are directed to pick out the traits of your world, and you look over the options: settling on 'Historical Alternate: Earth' then refining your selections further to 'South Pacific Islands' and '4000 BC' but spending some Karma Points to give yourself the advantage of 'From Another Dimension: Future Era', giving you an immense leg up on your TL and Starting options in terms of government and equipment choices for yourself and your troops.

Next you pick out your army: and this stumps you for a minute, you know you want to have a lot of female citizen-soldiers whom you can fuck and get knocked up, but how do you want to style that basic idea? You start with the basic image of your ideal kind of woman: pert C-cup breasts, athletic body, long hair, flawless tanked skin, and wearing very little, basically a breast band and loincloth, and work from there. What can you arm them with to give them an edge?

“Well, I have a Daisho, perhaps we can start there?” You state to no-one-in-particular, and look around the menus trying to find out if this is feasible.

Turns out that, yes, it is doable, but only because you have given them no armor or clothes at all, Daisho, at least ones that aren’t such garbage grade quality that they are unworthy of the name, will be intensely expensive for creating your soldiers. In point of fact, even the garbage grade weapons cost a “premium” for 'Basic' troops because they are marked as an 'Elite/Hero' weapon, but IF you are willing to sacrifice most of your other options besides the few 'free' personality and appearance choices with your basic troops and proficiency with the weapons, you can start with women equipped with standardized 'basic quality' Daisho as their weapons.

You have the option at this stage to design one more each of 'Basic', 'Elite', and 'Heavy Infantry' units, and two types of 'Hero', with the on screen guide saying that you will be able to create more unit designs, and of other types, including 'Fast Attack', 'Armed Civilian', 'Espionage', 'Mercantile Expedition', 'Heavy/Light Artillery', 'Sailing Ship', and various “Advanced” types such as 'Air Support', 'Mechanized', 'Armor', 'Submarine', 'Single Use Explosive Delivery', and assorted classes of 'Space Ship', later as you expand your territory, create new buildings, and increase your Tech Level, not to mention getting to redesign existing units, so you set to work on putting together the 3 other units and two 'hero' types you have available right now.

For your second 'Basic' unit you figure you will need some ranged combat capability, and there is a note that with your current unit you will be limited by your 'equipment stores' so you put together a cheap low TL unit of primitive archers, with no more armor than your first one but some skills as scouts and survivalists, reasoning that these are the 'basic ' hunters of the tribe or whatever you now lead.

When you get to your elite unit you rethink your 'basic' unit of woman Samurai and go back, redesigning them with Macuahuitl* and Leather Shields, then go back to your elite unit and give THEM the Daisho, since an elite unit is worthy of such a limited resource and it will cost less for them anyway. You also give them 'flexible leather clothing' as armor. It's pitiful, but slightly better than nothing, blocking 1-3 points of damage, and fairly cheap.
*(Aztec wooden 'swords' edged with napped obsidian pieces: which the dialogues state will not be restricted to your starting supplies of weapons on the world you have chosen, but instead by the availability of obsidian, flint, or shark teeth to make the blade's 'edge', hopefully not a problem in the south pacific, with it's volcanic geology and abundance of sharks.)

You come now to your first 'Heavy Infantry' unit, and figure that you should stick with this 'samurai' theme you have going, so you equip them with Daisho and armor similar to your own except with wooden helmets and carved face masks, as well as 'flexible leather clothing' underneath it for added protection.

Finally you have two 'Hero Template' slots to fill, and start putting those together.

The first one is easy, just an improved version of your elite unit, to lead your various types of 'samurai': the second one you have to stew about for a minute.

You are torn between three options, a shaman type with mystical powers such as healing and exorcism, an elite huntress who can lead your second type of basic unit, and a lone wolf 'Ninja' hero who can serve as scout and specialist, sticking with your pseudo-Japanese theme...

Which do you decide to put together?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)