More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

Which do you decide to put together?

Huntress

It is the utility of the designs that decide you, the other two are specialists of which you would need one or two, but the huntress you could use dozens of, so you put together that one, with a better bow, more skill as an archer, command related talents, and the fairly standard flexible leather clothing.

While you are tinkering you also give her ritual scars which can protect her from 'demons', which started appearing as a concern when you selected the 'From Another Dimension: Future Era L.4' upgrade, though you are not sure why, and the 'twin birth' merit, since it is noted that the children of heroes and heroines have a higher chance of growing up into heroes/heroines as well.

The last thing you pick out for this hero type is the 'Totem Spirit (Lesser): Random' power, L.1, which allows each heroine to channel the power of a totem animal, randomly selected when she is created, for some small boosts to her abilities and skills at the cost of a sharp drop in intellectual capacity and animalistic behavior for about an hour after the power's benefits wear off. You had wanted to go for straight up 'Totem Spirit: Random' after you found out that a specific totem such as 'Eagle' or even class such as 'bird of prey' limited the opportunities to create the unit too much, but found that until you got down to the, "(Lesser)" version the costs were just too high. You could have also cut them down with 'Lesser Totem Spirit' but that made the benefits too weak for you to think them worth it, so instead you went with a full strength totem spirit that could not be called on for as long and had a higher Mana cost and cool down time instead.

After discovering this option you go back and try to add it to your Samurai hero but find that it is grayed out and un-selectable. You click it anyway, at which point a dialogue pops up asking if you want to change their weapons to something other than standardized Daisho, and you click "NO!".

~Interesting, Daisho are incompatible with Totem Spirits are they...?~ You think, and leave the army creation screen.


With most of the options finished you get ready to finalize your selections and reincarnate: but the screen asking you to confirm your reincarnation says you have a lot of unspent Karma Points, which would be assigned randomly, so you go back and make a few more selections.

You pick up a 'wrecked cargo ship' of the Japanese 'junk' type, carrying almost 500 'Basic Quality Daisho' and a few dozen other useful things, like crop seeds and sickles for harvesting wheat. You also put a lot of points into improving your starting area, with edible plants and animals, a basic pacific island village including a 'Boat Maker's Workshop', nearby deposits of obsidian and hematite, and being situated on a large island, which requires you to pick 'Yes!' on the option of 'Do a limited rework of resource clusters and minor geophysical modifiers for this world?'.

You also notice and select the option "Dedicated Lovers (2) L.3 & L.2: 'Fetuao' (Morning Star) & 'Moana' (The Sea)" which in turn prompts you to build two more characters, whom you make very similar to yourself except female and looking like one of your tribe members and with the personality merit options 'Non-Possessive', 'Full Bi-Sexual', 'Honest', and 'Minor Submissive' as well as the physical merit of 'Twin Birth'. In the other respects they are the same, USMC clothing, except having a bra and panties instead of boxers and "women's fit" fatigues, bamboo armor (Also "Female Fitted".) and a much higher than average quality and 'personally styled' Daisho. While you are working on them you notice something else, the option of a totem spirit is not greyed out for them, and you try to figure out why, which after a minute or two of consulting the extensive help files you DO, The reason your other units could not have totem spirit is that to have a totem spirit along with Daisho you have to have the type of animal for which you have a totem incorporated into the design of your Katana or Wakizashi somehow, which your lovers CAN but the generic 'heroes' cannot.

You select two totems for your lovers, not '(lesser)' this time: a female bear and a mother pelican, and go back to your own screens and give yourself that of a wolf. You use up the last of your points getting 'Increased Starting Funds' to the tune of 11 strings of cowries, and lock in your choices, then black out...

To what do you wake?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)