More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Silver Shadow Silver Shadow

Who are you?

King Rhaegar Targaryan

Rhaegar ascended the steps of the Iron Throne, his black steel boots clanked against the swords that Aegon the Conquerer had placed there almost 300 years before. As he turned around the banners and lords from victorious and loyal Houses of the Reach, Dorne Crownlands and Westerlands stood before him. The gold lion of House Lannister, the Rose of House Tyrell, the Sun and Spear of House Martell and even Crownland Houses of Velaryon, Celtigar, Stokeworth, and Massey. As he looked around he saw Lords and Knights as he raised his sword into the air the roar of the crowd stoked throughout the Great Hall.

"My Lords, you came to your Prince's aid! You came against the Usurper Robert Baratheon and his allies, and for that, you will be rewarded. With my father dead, I ascend the Iron Throne with your support and promise peace, security, and a new age for Westeros! Lord Tywin Lannister, Lord Mace Tyrell, Lord Oberyn Martell! Your troops saved us on the Battle of the Trident and will be honored with title and land, this I swear. Justice must be served and delivered. FIRE AND BLOOD!" Roared Rhaegar raising his sword as the men around him cheered in triumph.

~

After he took his seat on the Iron Throne and held court passing honorable titles to the Lords that supported him. He spotted his heavily pregnant mother, with his brother Viserys, His baby son Aegon and his little girl Rhaenys as he quickly descended the steps to reach them hugging and kissing them each in turn. Smiling he looked at his mother who had a sad smile and the air was full of melancholy. Viserys, Aegon and his mother all had the classic Valyrian traits of silver, gold, or platinum hair with purple eyes and pale skin. While his daughter Rhaenys had a single streak of gold in thick black hair with dark purple eyes that almost appeared black.

They all wore the traditional colors of black and red, matching the sigil of House Targaryen banner, which made their little family stand out amongst the red of the Red Keep. Ser Barristan and Ser Jonothor stood behind them in white ever silent and watching. Ser Barristan had dueled the bravest of the Riverlords in Robert's center and Ser Jonothor had led the cavalry attack that routed the Rebels. Though they were also missing their fallen brother Ser Lewyn Martell, slain after being critically wounded by a Corbray.

As they talked Lords and Knights cleared from the halls emptying into the Red Keep's courtyard, which housed the victors of Robert's failed Rebellion. As Rheagar slowly turned to his mother looking down into her dark purple eyes, her voice was merely but a whisper full of fear.

"Varys has confirmed your father was murdered Rhaegar. Elia Martell convinced Ser Jamie Lannister to kill him after he threatened to kill your children if you had failed upon the Trident." She paused. "Elia and Jamie Lannister can both confirm for this information. You cannot remain married to her Rhaegar, she killed a King, your own father, if you keep her rumors will circulate around you that she has bewitched you and most in the Seven Kingdoms despise the Dornish as your father once did." She whispered holding onto Rhaegar's hand as he sighed slowly rubbing his brow, moving some of the silver hair out of his face, looking down at her.

"I didn't know mother, I will have to speak to her, I will go straight to her after I have seen you. Though if she is to leave I would make the request that she may come back once in a while to see the children and watch them grow. However, that will all be done in time after I have sent a raven to the High Septon and he agrees to set aside the marriage so I can mary once again." Smiled Rhaegar thinking of his little wolf as he looked down at his little daughter and son picking up Rhaenys and carrying her in his arms.

"However, with Ser Jamie Lannister he is no longer to serve in the Kingsguard, he will be sent to the Night's Watch, Tywin Lannister will not approve but some concessions can be made I am sure." Rhaegar continued.

"We will have a dynasty that will last another century mother, I promise, it has been foretold, the Blood of the Dragon won't die out." he smiled. Soon his remaining Kingsguard would bring back Lyanna and their Visenya and the prophecy would be complete.. Now time to remove this heavy armor and bathe. The realm needs their new King.

Can Rhaegar Repair the Realm?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)