More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by earpsrhot earpsrhot

Who is the main character?

Katie and Alice, roommates and friends who’ve just received a letter about Katie’s diagnosis

It had started like any other day; Katie was in her room, still setting up her computer. They’d only moved in a week ago so for someone as gadget-minded as Katie, that meant she still had half her bags to unpack.

The last Alice had heard, she was getting her camera working well. Katie had insisted she was a streamer, but Alice had glimpsed an open bag on the bed and a few of the outfits in it, so as far as she could tell Katie was either a streamer with one hell of a naughty side, or a camgirl. Could go either way.

It wasn’t like they were strangers, mind you, but they’d only been friends for a little time. Moving in together had been more from necessity than intimacy; for Katie, she wanted to live closer to family after a health scare with her parents, while Alice had just picked up a job in the same area.

Alice hummed to herself, idly passing by Katie’s room.

Yeah, she was still fiddling with the camera. Alice was still undecided; it would be so much fun if she did end up with a roommate who got naked on camera. There was no getting around the fact Katie was a stunner.

She was quite tall, with strawberry blonde hair down to her shoulders, and wide, green eyes; her pale skin was marked only by a tattoo of an old lyric she liked, curling down her right shoulder, the tail end of a word just peering over her neck. It was a slightly uncharacteristic mark on her; she normally didn’t give the impression of someone who’d go out and get ink, but there it was.

Alice would admit, she’d spent a few nights imagining getting a look at the rest of that tattoo, and more besides. She’d accepted the fact she was into girls years back; the jury was still out on Katie, but she had suspicions.

Still, if Katie’s job did mean she got to see more of her, who was she to complain?

Alice was using her day off to decorate a few less essential parts of their apartment, stray ornaments and wall art to add a little life to the main room, when she heard a letter slide through the door. Curiously, she went to pick it up.

It was addressed to Katie, but they were sharing the place, and the dry formal typeface made it clear it wasn’t personal. Besides, maybe it’d give a hint as to the answers to the questions she’d been mentally asking about her gorgeous roommate; it was better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Alice glanced over her shoulder, then tore the envelope open once she saw Katie was still in her room. A couple of sheets of paper were inside, looking like a letter accompanied by something much more generic. Alice frowned and skimmed it.

Her eyes went wide.

Dear Katie Hoch
_The results of your test are as follows. We can confirm you have inherited your family’s predisposition to Absolute Gullibility Syndrome (AGS) and that you are in the early stages. We predict that you will have progressed to a full diagnosis by the 27th.
_Please peruse the attached literature for advice on dealing with your new condition. AGS is a real condition, but many people live with it around the world, you can still lead a mostly normal life.

Alice read and reread it, disbelieving. That… that was more than she could have believed.

She glanced at her phone. It was the 27th exactly, Katie’s AGS should have manifested in its final form by now. She’d believe whatever she was told.

She glanced at what was in the rest of the envelope, seeing it was just a few generic tip sheets and booklets on ‘Living with AGS’ as well as resources, nothing nearly as juicy as what the main letter said.

Her roommate had AGS. Her beautiful, lovely roommate had AGS. That was…

Alice swallowed. Okay, while that did put all kinds of appealing ideas in her head, and while she’d certainly be spending a few nights imagining that in great detail, was it really fair to take advantage of Katie? She had a condition, should she really take advantage of that just to sate her own personal desires?

Then again, Alice reflected, she’d heard of AGS. Odds seemed good that Katie was going to have to deal with that from some people. If not her, then maybe someone worse.

No, that was an excuse, even if it was really, really tempting to go into Katie’s room and-

And what? Alice hesitated. She’d been so focused on the stories, she wasn’t sure exactly what it was she’d even want to do with Katie. She didn’t think herself a cruel person by nature; honestly, if anything, she was more submissive in bed than dominant, taking control didn’t come easily to her.

She chuckled despite herself. How many people would kill to have an AGS-afflicted roommate as gorgeous as Katie, and here she was instead, someone not really geared to take full advantage of the situation?

“Hey!” Katie poked her head out of the room. “I heard mail, anything interesting?”

Alice looked up from Katie’s letter and hesitated.

How should she answer?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)