More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by paperclip12321 paperclip12321

What's next?

Jessica talks to James about the experiment

"So, I've been thinking more about the consciousness issue" she began, "And I think we're close to figuring something out. I've looked through the CT scans of Samantha's brain while your inside her. It's definitely different than the scan when its just her. More interestingly, I noticed a unique pattern in the neural activity. When you're in control, Sam's brain seems to generate a unique signal wave. Not like her normal signal but also not like your normal signal either." Jessica explained, pointing excitedly towards a set of images projected onto the wall. "Look! Can you see it?" Her voice trembled with eager anticipation, her eyes sparkling with excitement. The image on the projector showed three graphs. The first being just Sam's brain waves, the second just James's, and the third was of Sam's brain while James was mounting her.

Jessica pointed to the third graph. "This one, when you're inside Samantha, the brain waves seem to create a unique pattern, initially I couldn't find any connection between it and either yours or Samantha's. But then, I saw it - a rhythmic oscillation, almost like a dance between the two minds in one brain. See this?" Jessica pointed to a small area on the plot that she highlighted with a red marker. "It's Samantha's mind trying to wake. And you see this one just after it?" Jessica pointed to a wave that looked almost the same but in the opposite direction. "That's your brain wave countering her mind's attempt at waking. Basically negative interference. We've seen similar patterns in cases of sleep paralysis where the mind is awake but the body is asleep. Except here instead of the body being asleep its the person's mind being disconnected. That's what happens to Samantha when you're in control. And I think that if we can somehow amplify that initial wave that comes from her subconscious, we might be able to wake her. Imagine if we make those subconscious attempts her mind makes bigger, strong enough to overpower your negative interference, we might be able to reconnect her mind to her body." Jessica concluded, her eyes filled with hope and excitement.

James studied the graphs carefully, tracing the subtle nuances that danced across the screens with his finger. "I mean jeez Doc this just looks like a bunch of lines to me but hey if you say so maybe you're right." He said with a shrug. "But if your right, it sounds like we need to find a way to amp up the girl's brainwaves or something. Any ideas there?" James asked.

Jessica paused before speaking. "Nothing for sure but I asked a colleague if they knew of any ways to amplify or reduce targeted brain waves without harming the person." she replied. "They mentioned a clinical that could potentially stimulate certain areas of the brain, but we'd need to be careful because it never made it past inital clinicals. Aparently it was supposed to help counteract the effects of alzheimer's. It didn't really work but it did amplify brain activity in the area where this wave is produced." Jessica explained, pointing back to Sam's initial brain wave.

"So the plan tonight is for me to mount Sam like usual and then you dose me up with some experimental while inside her?" James said, crossing his arms. "Sounds risky. You know for both me AND Sam" he said enunciating the and part.

"I know it sounds bad but I've read up on the and I just want to try a small dose tonight to see if it has any effects on Samantha's subconscious. If it does, we may be in luck. If it doesn't, we can continue searching for another solution. We don't have anything else to lose, right?" Jessica implored.

James stared at her skeptically, "Alright Doc, but you know I'm only saying yes because I trust you. Let's just hope your buddy's doesn't fry mine and Sam's brain."

Jessica nodded, relieved that he agreed. "Thank you, James. I promise to be as cautious as possible."

A few moments later the door opened and Sam walked in. She was wearing a simple pair of jeans and a t-shirt that hugged her curves perfectly. She smiled nervously as she sat down. "Sorry about being late," she said. "There was a boat load of traffic."

Jessica gave Sam a gentle nod and smiled warmly. "No problem, Samantha. We were just discussing our plans for tonight's experiment." She motioned towards the projector screen, where the graphs remained illuminated.

"Ha, did Doc tell you about how she's going to dry and dope us up tonight?" James quipped, attempting to break the ice.

Samantha hesitated for a moment, her fingers nervously twirling around one another. "Well, she did fill me in on what the plan is. I have to say I'm a little freaked out still by the whole thing." Samantha admitted, her gaze flickering between Jessica and James. "But Jess reassured me that it's just a minor test tonight. Besides, I trust you guys and I guess I'll probably just be asleep the whole time. James, you're the one who will be awake to experiance is anything goes wrong" She added, reaching out to touch James' shoulder briefly.

"That's true, I guess I'm the hero here." James joked. "But hey, don't worry, I'll be with you every step of the way." James winked.

Jessica cleared her throat, sensing the palpable tension in the room. "Let's get started, shall we?" In a swift movement, she slid open the heavy wooden door leading them deeper into the laboratory. The smell of sterilized equipment mixed with the faint undertone of medicinal disinfectant was heavy in the air. The bright lights above them cast sharp shadows against the pristine white surfaces of the laboratory.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)