More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Who to follow?

Jenny, one of the spa workers.

The day was finally winding down, and Jenny was eager to get out of her work clothes and head back to her personal cabin. She had already been at the S.S. Awesome Excelsior's spa for over six hours, already worked her magic on nearly ten customers. As far as she was aware, all of them had gone home perfectly happy with their experience, which was how she liked it best. She didn't want to have to deal with any complaints from them in the future, which was unfortunately a common problem when one worked on board the Excelsior.

Her tenth 'patient' had just left the room in her bathrobe, giving Jenny a moment alone to cool off. Her friends back home often joked that she had it easy, working on a cruise ship and being a masseuse for lots of the idle rich, but they didn't understand how much work went into it. She went back to her cabin with sore hands nearly every single day, but she never complained. Complaining was how some people made trouble for themselves, and Jenny had no intention of doing anything like that.

There was a knock at the door. Had Carrie sent a new customer already? That was fast. When she went to the door, though, Jenny found that her boss Carrie was waiting on the other side-- not one of the ship's residents looking for a massage.

Carrie was in her late forties now, and she had been working on board the S.S. Awesome Excelsior and its sister ships nearly since she had been eighteen years old, if her own accounts were to be believed. Once, she had worked jobs like Jenny's, but over time she had managed to work her way up in the world. These days, Carrie was running the Excelsior's spa, all by herself. The only person that could boss her around these days was Captain Mac, and even that wasn't technically how the chain of command worked. Theoretically, Carrie could do whatever she wanted; she worked for the cruise line, not for Mac, and Jenny had heard her make that known over the phone to the captain on more than one occasion.

"Oh!" Jenny said. "Hey Carrie, can I help you with something?"

What does Carrie want?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)