More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

What does Carrie want?

A few more customers for Jenny.

"Hate to bring you bad news," Carrie said. That didn't make Jenny optimistic about how the rest of the conversation was going to go.

"Oh," Jenny said. "What is it? Did something happen? Was there a complaint?"

"No," Carrie said. "Nothing out of the ordinary. But Julie had to leave early, which means that all her appointments got pushed on to you." The way that Carrie said it made it sound like it was no big deal, but Jenny knew that it was. Jenny never would have been caught dead putting her coworkers into a position where they would have to deal with her appointments, but maybe Julie was less responsible than she was. Well, apparently there was no maybe about it.

Jenny's face fell. "She did?" she said quietly. "How many were there?"

Carrie pulled up the clip board which she recorded all of the ship's spa appointments on. She followed the list with a cheap pen in her hand, counting them under her breath. "Three," she said, looking back up at Jenny and tucking the pen behind her ear. "Mr. Murphy, Ms. Callahan, and Mr. Adams. All three of them have been waiting a while, so they're out in the waiting room whenever you are.

Jenny was reeling. "Three?" she said. She glanced over at the clock-- it was already almost time for her to leave, just having finished her last massage for her own appointments for today, and now she had to do three more before she could home? "Carrie, I'm almost off for the day. Can't they postpone?"

It seemed like Carrie didn't like that answer very much at all. "No," she said curtly. "They cannot. This is your job, Jen. You can't complain about being told to do your job."

_But my job is done!_ Jenny thought to herself. She very nearly suggested that Carrie make good on Julie's appointments, but she knew that that wouldn't go over well at all with her boss. Carrie might have been a regular old masseuse once upon a time, but she was 'beyond all that' now, as she had said on more than one occasion in the past. It didn't look like Jenny had much of a choice in the matter at all, at least not if she wanted to stay on Carrie's good side any longer.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)