More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ChocolateAxek ChocolateAxek

Who starts off with which rings?

Jax Jackson, Video Game Designer/Gambler [Affirmation Ring]

One thing that everyone knew about Jax was that he never made a bet that he didn’t win. Even though he was known for winning, he did lose sometimes, it just wasn’t a lot. It wasn’t like Jax was a compulsive gambler or anything, but it was something he liked doing. There were many times that he trusted his gut and won large amounts of money or items. Today, wasn’t any different for him and he won a big game at Gino’s Underground. Jax won thousands of dollars and a gold ring that day. Jax thought about pawning off the ring but decided to keep it and wear it since he didn’t own any rings at that point. Jax went home and basked in another victory before heading to bed.

Jax got ready for work like any other day except that he put on the gold ring onto his left hand. Jax drove to his job, The Next Big Thing, to start working with his team to make a new game. They were already halfway done with the design, coding, animation, and other elements for the new RPG in production. Jax knew other groups and projects were being made in the company besides the one his team was working on but he didn’t have the interest in learning more about them. Jax looked at the clock and noticed that he was a little early for a change, so he decided to stop by the breakroom for some coffee and a bagel. Inside were two of his co-workers but none of them were working with him for his current project. One of them was named Alice and she was one of the people who worked on the digital art for the games. Jax had worked with her in the past and her artwork was impressive. She’s also quite attractive as well with her slender body, pearly white skin, and short chestnut hair. The other one in the room was Mike and he was one of the guys from the marketing department. He was generally a nice guy except when a deadline is coming up.

“Hey, what’s up? How’s your mourning?”

“Good so far. I’m just glad that I don’t have to worry about the test that’s coming up.” Says Mike.

“What test?”

Jax looks at Alice who looks just as confused as I am.

“Don’t tell anyone I told you but the boss thinks it would be a good idea to test all the staff for any in their system. She reasons that it would be a big problem if people were using to get creative inspiration for their projects. My body is a temple so I wouldn’t dare put something like that in my body, but I can’t say for others.”

“It’s obvious that whoever is taking any will probably be fired unless they’re prescription .”

“I hope no one in my team is taking any. I can’t afford to pick up the slack for someone else if they’re fired.”

“Remember don’t tell anyone. I only told you because I like you two.”

Mike grabs an everything bagel and leaves the breakroom leaving just Alice and myself inside.

“Why don’t we change the subject to something a little less depressing to think about.”

“Sure, are you hiding a massive crush on me?”

“Hahaha. Very funny, Alice. Are you hiding a massive crush on me?”

It was then that reality shifted so that while working on their last project together. Jax helped out Alice a lot more than usual and she enjoyed the company. Alice started developing feelings for him but was too shy to say anything about it. Jax doesn’t notice the way Alice hazel eyes linger on him a little more than usual and how her body language shifted from completely relaxed to a little stiffer.

“Look who’s joking around now.”

“Fair enough. Do you like the project you’re working on now?”

Alice was not enjoying the project she was working on because it was a puzzle game and she hates puzzle games. However, reality once again changed so that she has grown up loving puzzle games, making her answer a yes. Jax doesn’t know Alice enough to know that she hates puzzles.

“Yeah, puzzles are great. I love the process of figuring out a good puzzle and putting all the pieces into place.”

“Do you like the company’s puzzle games?”

“Yeah, there the best puzzles I’ve ever played but they have a certain charm to them.”

“I feel like I’m learning a lot about you today.”

“Well, you just ask the right questions. Hey, why don’t we…”

Jax looked over at the time and noticed that it was time to get to work.

“Sorry Alice, but I need to my station, or Pearl would have my head.”

Jax quickly grabs a bagel and rushes to his office.

Jax went about his day designing levels, boss monsters, and treasures that players will discover throughout the game. Jax was designing the loot for boss 69 when Jax’s supervisor came in. The first thing I always notice when Janice comes in is how short she is. Jax always has to look down face her and Jax is only 5’8. However, since Jax is sitting down he is face to face with her.

“Hey Janice, how can I help you? You’re looking good today.”

“Jax, are you into gambling?”

“Gambling? Why would you bring that up? Are you into gambling?”

The world shifts once again as Janice's professional outfit looks noticeably less nice and the watch on her wrist disappeared as if it was never there, to begin with. The money that she would’ve spent on the suit was lost to her gambling hobby while the watch was lost in a bet with Alice. Janice was originally there when Jax won his big game because she was meeting her sister but now she was there playing the slot machines to make some money. She still noticed Jax win his big game though.

Jax didn’t notice the watch disappear but he did notice her clothes looked less nice than usual.

“We’re not here to talk about me but about you.”

“That means you’re into gambling but still why bring it up now.”

“My sister owns the gambling place you’ve just won big from and she wants you back to play another game later on this week.”

“I guess the jig is up. Do you know if there’s going to be any foul play involved?”

“My sister’s place is legit as you know but if you win again, you’ll probably be banned from the place.”

“Wouldn’t be the first time it happened.”

“Anyway, I also came up here to tell you that you’re being called to get tested next. They’re doing the tests in the infirmary.”

“Did you already get tested?”

“I did but I’m clean so I didn’t have anything to worry about.”

Janice leaves the room as Jax headed toward the infirmary and only one person was inside. Doctor Walker was polishing up some medical supplies when Jax walked in. Jax had heard that there was an attractive doctor in this place but since he never was felt very sick at work he never really interacted with her before. Jax couldn’t get the full picture of her body’s proportions because she was wearing a lab coat that seemed tailor-made to hide that fact. One thing Jax could tell was that she had huge breasts attached to her body.

“Hello, Mr. Jackson. I’m not sure if you’ve been informed by your boss or your fellow employees but I’m here to test you for in your system. There are a few ways to do this but it depends on what you would prefer and what you can do? You can choose to pee in one of the medical cups and I can test that or I can take some of your blood and test that instead.”

“I’ll pee, I don’t want to feel drained of blood.”

Jax grabs the cup, goes into the nearby restroom, and handles his business. Jax filled the cup to the top and returned to the room. She takes the cup and locks it away before handing Jax a survey to fill out. Jax looked it over and it seemed to be various questions regarding if you're on any prescriptions, if you had any issues in the past, and other random questions mixed in as well.

“You’ll have to sign it out before leaving the room. My boss demands that I enforce this rule especially hard.”

Jax would love to knock her down a peg but Jax knows that would be a bad idea on many levels. Jax starts filling out the form while chatting with Doctor Walker.

“Hey, how’s everything been going with you. I know we’ve just met but I’d love it if we became friends.”

“I’m good though I didn’t think there would be so many nervous people showing up in my office today. I thought they would be uncaring or annoyed but not nervous.”

“It’s probably because they’ve got something to hide. We do have a decent amount of college students so maybe they're worried about a recent big party they were in and were left with gaps in their memory.”

“It is possible. I haven’t gone to a party in a while?”

“Do you love spending your free time at home?”

Once again a shift occurs that changes the doctor’s activities from an expert bowler to an artist. Dr. Walker loses some of the muscles she gained from bowling throughout the years and her arms become smoother and softer as a result. She also gains a few pounds. Though Jax has no idea since her body is being covered up by her lab coat.

“Well, I do enjoy spending my time at home more than the average person, but I get to spend more time working on my passion?”

“Passion? What passion?”

“It’s the arts of course.”

“I wouldn’t have pictured you as the artistic type but why don’t you help out with some of the game graphics if arts your passion.”

“I have in the past, but I prefer to do my work instead.”

“Understandable. I wanted to ask, are you married? I wanted to ask since I don’t see a ring on your finger, but I didn’t know if it’s something you want to wear while handling chemicals and urine.”

“Of course, I’m married. I’m wearing my ring right now.”

“I’m pretty sure that wasn’t there a second ago. Do you have a secret talent as a magician as well?”

“While I do have a few tricks up my sleeve, I would never joke about something as serious as this.”

“I see. I finished the form so I’m going to be going now. I’ll see you later.”

What the heck happened? That ring wasn’t there a second ago. What’s going on?

How does he figure it out?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)