More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by upatree upatree

Friday

Jan's Fateful day

Jan got to work and opened the latest bundle of mail from the county courthouse. She was pleased that several of the tax debt sales she had put bids on had won. Now the businesses and buildings were hers and she had paid less than 10 cents on the dollar for each.

Two where businesses she had scouted beforehand, a machine shop full of CNC tools and a corner grocer in a nice building in a good location. She already had buyers for the equipment and buildings of both. All the stuff would go to one buyer and the buildings to another. Thus ending the businesses but making her a pretty penny.

The third was a blind bid she had put in very low as a joke. The business was listed as Aunt Edna’s adult novelty and love potion shack. Jan was surprised she had won. The property was in an old neighborhood the city was trying to revitalize. They were pouring money into the area so property values and the taxes with them were rising very fast there. Looks like Old Aunt Edna could not keep up. Even if Jan bulldozed the old building and sold the empty lot she would make money. Jan briefly wondered why none of her competitors had out bid her insanely low joke of a bid.

The first two businesses had been closed and the people off the properties. Both were ready to strip and sell. But it looked like Aunt Edna was holding out and would have to be evicted from hers. Jan worked the morning on finalizing the sale of the first two businesses and just finished the eviction papers as the day was ending.

“Dam, I missed the deadline to get these to the process server.” Jan mumbles as she looked at the clock. “The process server will not take new jobs after 3 pm today. These will not be delivered till Monday. Aunt Edna will get a few more days in my property unless I serve her myself today.” Jan griped

Research Edna or drive straight to her shop?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)