More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by PhoenixAuthor PhoenixAuthor

Who are you?

Jack Harris, a male high school senior

A/N I don’t really like using the variable names, so this branch will be about Jack Harris (a natural male) and his female self, Jess. Apologies to those of you who like the immersion of it, but think of it this way: now the MC of the main thread can cameo, because their name’s not in use by my MC.

Also, this is my first time ever doing gender swapping of any kind, so bear with me, ok? Now, uh, enjoy the story!

You shrugged.

“Well, I turned 18 a few months ago. I go to high school, but, well, you had to have already known that.” you realized.

“I did already know all that.” Emilia agreed. She was quite breathtaking, a woman who truly aged well. Her lustrous red hair fell down in sophisticated waves, and she wore a pantsuit, one made for business. But the pantsuit couldn’t hide her curves or the swell of her breasts, which you estimated to be about a C cup.

“So... why’d you ask me about myself, then?” you asked.

“I like to see how people describe themselves.” Emilia said simply.

“Huh. So... why did you invite me here?” you inquired.

“To ask if you had any interest in becoming a test subject in an experiment I’m running.” Emilia explained. She opened the ancient box by her side and set it on the table between the two of you.

“What kind of experiment?” you frowned, looking into the box. Surprisingly, all that sat down there was a silver coin, one that was obviously ancient, as it wasn’t the clean, smooth, perfect kind of coin you’d find today, no, this was the kind of coin a blacksmith would make.

“This coin has the ability to bestow upon you a gift. You can pick any talent, and the coin will make you good at it. Any questions?” Emilia asked expectantly.

Lots. But you may as well let her finish talking before you start asking questions she may very well answer late on.

“No, you can continue.” you invited. She nodded, and did so.

“Now, the coin has some drawbacks. You have to flip it frequently in order to maintain the boost to whatever talent you wished to bolster. Failure to flip the coin means your skills at the talent will continue to lower until you’re so bad you don’t even understand what the talent is anymore.” Emilia said.

“How having to flip a coin a drawback?” you frowned.

“Pick up the coin.” Emilia invited. You shrugged and did so, picking it up. You felt a rush of warmth spread up your arm and through your body, but just as quickly as it came, it was gone.

“You see how the coin has two sides, one for the Roman god Mars, the other for the Roman goddess Venus?” Emilia inquired.

“Yeah.” you nodded.

“Flip the coin.” Emilia invited.

“Do I have to pick my talent or whatever first?” you asked.

“Yes. Pick a talent you wish to increase your ability at, and then wish for it as you hold the coin, and then flip it.” Emilia said.

You held the coin in your hand, and pondered what kind of ability you’d like to enhance. What about something stupid, like luck? Was luck a talent? Besides, from the sounds of it, if you lost this coin, your luck would abruptly go horrible, so probably not the best option.

What about video games? If you really did become a pro at video games with the coin, then you could make some serious cash. Plus, even if you did lose the coin, not being able to play video games at all isn’t really that life-destroying.

I wish to be good at video games.

You flipped the coin, and it spun through the air until it landed on the table, and you saw that it landed Venus side up.

Now what?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)