More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by DragoTime DragoTime

So who was the lucky person who had just become God?

Jack's cousin, Elijah

(Originally posted by ScriptBoy)

The entire Edwards family had gathered for their annual summer picnic and family reunion at their country home located hundreds of miles away from the crowds of the large city so that they could all enjoy each other’s company for just two days. The grandparents were there, along with the parents and all the grandkids, of course.

Among the grandkids was Elijah Edwards, an eighteen-year-old boy who had just celebrated his birthday a few days before the big party. He was looking forward to the family gathering with his sister and older brother, just to get away from the city and to meet up with all the other cousins and nephews who he rarely got to see through the year.

All the kids were outside, throwing rocks, kicking a soccer ball to one another, or walking around the large lake in the hopes to spot some fish while the parents were very busy setting the tables, cooking hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill, and preparing all the drinks for over a hundred family members. Everyone was staying in the cabins which had running water and bathrooms available for everyone to use.

“Elijah! Honey! Please go get some sunscreen for me, dear!” his mother had asked him. “The sun is really burning and I’m afraid I’m turning as red as a lobster!”

“Sure, mom!” Elijah smiled, as the boy ran towards his cabin. Elijah was about average height and weight, or about five-foot-nine in height, and he weighed about one-hundred-and-fifty pounds even. He was average in every way. He was honest, fair, but shy and geeky at the same time. He liked to play football (soccer) and he knew how to play tennis. He had just taken up piano lessons and he loved playing video games. Elijah was an average student in school, but he got by with his grades. With his jet-black, straight long hair and deep, dark brown eyes, he was often chosen to be the soccer goalie on the team.

When Elijah walked into the cabin, he glanced around his mother’s suitcase when he finally spotted the brown bottle of lotion.

He had just snatched the bottle and was about to dash out the door, when he heard a familiar voice behind him.

“Well there, birthday-boy! I guess I need to give my favorite cousin his present!”

Elijah spun around and saw another teen standing before him.

“Cousin JACK!” he shouted. “How did you get in here?”

“What? Isn’t this a family reunion?” Jack grinned, with his arms fully extended. “Come here and give me a hug, Cuz!”

Elijah ran up to Jack, who was several inches taller than him, and gave him a firm hug. He hadn’t seen his older cousin in almost a year!

“Man! I haven’t seen you in over a year! You’ve grown a bit, Cousin Elijah!” Jack smiled, as he let his cousin go and took a few steps back. “I heard you had a birthday a few days ago! So, I came to give you your present!”

“Awww Cousin Jack! You didn’t have to buy me anything…” Elijah smiled.

“Oh, I’m not giving you THAT kind of present, dear cuz!” Jack grinned. “I’m giving you something more valuable and more permanent… Something that you can use for a long, long time!”

Elijah gave him a curious look.

“Uhh… What is it? Are you going to teach me a cool soccer trick or move? Or, are you gonna teach me how to speak another language?” Elijah wondered.

“Cuz… Pretty soon, you will know ALL the soccer tricks and you’ll be able to speak ALL the languages that are spoken on Earth!” Jack smiled. “That’s because… I’m God!”

Elijah just stared at his older cousin for a moment. He hadn’t expected that. Elijah went to church every Sunday morning, where he even served as the Altar boy once a month. So, when Cousin Jack suddenly declared that HE was God… That threw him off!

“Uhhh… What… How… What did you say?” Elijah stuttered.

“Cuz… About a year ago, I have received the powers of God… And I have had the opportunity to do just about everything, to go everywhere, to meet everyone, to travel everywhere and anywhere and anytime, and to have loads of fun doing it… And now I’ve gotten bored with it… So….” Jack explained, “I wanted to give you the most excellent gift ever in the history of all mankind: I want to give you the powers of God!”

“Uhhh….” Elijah stuttered, with his jaw wide open. “What… What kind of powers?”

“You will know when you have them! God can do anything and everything to everyone and everywhere at any time he wants to!” Jack declared.

“Uhhh…. So… You have these powers, now?”

“YES! Just watch!” Jack grinned, as he snapped his fingers and made himself disappear before Elijah’s eyes.

“HEY! He’s… He’s GONE!” the boy gasped.

“I’m right behind you, Cuz!”

Elijah spun around and saw Jack standing on the other side of the small cabin!

“Now it’s your turn!” Jack giggled as he snapped his fingers again.

This time, Elijah disappeared, and instantly popped up, standing on his bed in the corner.

“WHOA!” Elijah gasped. “You put me on my bed!”

“Yes… I can teleport you anywhere… because I’m still God!” Jack grinned, as he walked up to the bed where Elijah was standing. “But I’m bored with it and I want to give my powers to my favorite cousin…”

“To me?” Elijah wondered. “Why me?”

“Because you’re a good kid! You’re a bit of a geek, but you’re shy… You’re smart and responsible… You can use your powers to help a lot of people!” Jack explained. “So, are you ready?”

“Uhh… Sure, I guess!”

Jack then extended his arms and placed them on Elijah’s forehead as he closed his eyes and concentrated.

“I want to pass on all my God-powers to Elijah Edwards and make him the new permanent God over the whole universe!” Jack spoke as he kept his eyes closed.

Elijah’s body suddenly started to glow a bright, blue aura all over, from head to toe, as Jack opened his eyes and stepped back.

“Ohhhhh wow…” Elijah grinned, as he stared around the cabin. “I feel EVERYTHING… I hear EVERYTHING… I know EVERYTHING… I see EVERYTHING… I can do ANYTHING… I AM GOD!”

“There! It worked!” Jack sighed. “I’m normal again!”

Elijah made his body hover in mid-air, until he suddenly teleported to the other side of the room.

“Ah! That was easy!” the new, young God cheered.

Elijah instantly teleported back to where Jack was standing and popped up right in front of his cousin.

“Thank you, Jack! This is the BEST gift… EVER!” Elijah smiled, as he hugged his older, taller cousin. While hugging his older cousin, Elijah immediately willed for Jack to grow a few inches taller, with some generous muscle as well.

“Ohhhh man…. I’m GROWING!” Jack gasped, as he felt his muscles increase in size. Within seconds, his muscles bulged as his height increased by several inches.

“That’s your reward for making ME into God!” Elijah smiled. “Now, do you want to stay around here, or do you want me to teleport you home?”

“Umm… I got some studying to do… Could you… please… send me home?” Jack asked the young God.

“Ahh yes…. Let me raise your IQ by thirty points as well!” Elijah grinned. “Alright, Cousin Jack! You’re going home!”

Elijah waved his hand and Cousin Jack, now a bit taller, much more muscular and smarter, suddenly disappeared from the cabin.

“This is COOL! I can get used to being God!” Elijah laughed.

Then the teen teleported over to the dresser where he left the bottle of lotion for his mother. As soon as he grabbed it, he teleported back to where his mother was patiently sitting in her chair.

“What took you so long, sweetie?” she asked him.

“Sorry, mom. I was talking to my cousins along the way!” Elijah smiled as he handed her the bottle of lotion.

From there, the young God joined his other cousins and nephews, who were playing soccer on the field by the lake. Of course, Elijah had killer soccer skills and played better than everyone! But, he let others have some fun, too.

Quietly, he looked around to see how he could use his powers, now that he was God…

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)