More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Dizzy21 Dizzy21

who's story do you want to read?

Jace and Kelly (bro and sis)

And so it went. Thousands upon thousands of people flocked from the city areas and hid out in the country to escape the high concentration of people. A plan actually suggested by the national government, it had worked as far as getting people away from the most dangerous areas of the epidemic. However, as looting and other crimes people were committing were as rampant as the plague itself, people's lives were really better off in the rural areas of any state.

Jace and Kelly Carson had been running from home since the havoc had hit their neighborhood outside of the city. They had their parents' minivan (who were not heard from for a few days before they had left...the kids aren't assuming the worst, but they had to leave) and had collected various weapons, like baseball bats and handguns, for those "just in case" moments.

They had been on the move from safe area to safe area for several weeks and are just looking for somewhere they could settle down until everything gets taken care of. The government had been broadcasting news of "Infection free states" and promising that they have a plan of action that will end the chaos in only two months. Jace and Kelly could only hope that they were telling the truth.


As the night drew near, Jace had been already weary of driving for the past 5 hours and threw the idea out to Kelly to find "camp." Between the two, setting up camp entailed finding a remote area to park and sleep for the night. This had been a very successful way of getting their rest as no problem has ever come from it. They have yet to even see a so-called zombie in person. Only from the nightly news, back at home, did they catch a glimpse of one during the alert phase of the break out. They had been terrified ever since.

"Here's a decent spot." Jace spoke as he pulled up to the edge of a forest several miles from any town and a mile or so from the highway they had been trudging along since lunch.

"It'll do..." Kelly shrugged. She was always concerned about the van full concealment, but Jace assures her everytime and he as been right so far. "...you don't suppose we will have much time to wander, do you?"

"Probably not, it's way too dark already. I think to be safe, we should just stay in here and get rested." Jace announced. Kelly loved nature and wildlife. Though the world could very well have been coming to an end, it was still at the point where it sure didn't feel like it entirely. There was much to hope for still. Kelly found her appreciation for her natural surroundings working as an escape--helping to comfort her.

She agreed and within the hour they had been working on falling asleep. Jace was out like a light first, for he was mentally exhausted from driving. Kelly was a little restless at first, but managed to slip away into dreamland a little while into the night.

Jace awoke in the middle of the night, rustled a bit, but found himself lying awake ultimately. He was a pretty thoughtful guy. His brain always reeling with thoughts of scholarly things. But with recent events, he's been thinking about some of the scariest thoughts he's ever come up with. He would never tell Kelly, most definitely to save her from fear and concern, but he was assuming the worst for them. He has been delighted to get by so far without any even meeting a "zombie" but he worried most of all if he would not be able to keep his sister safe.

As all of this ran through his head, he rolled to face his sister. Staring at her, he began to hurt inside as he imagined her not making it. Being attacked by zombies or something while he watches or tries to save her--but it's not enough.

While all that has happened, he has felt more like a protector then a brother to her--every thought and decision catered to her well-being. He began to adore his younger sister more than he ever has. Maybe adoration is not the word. He had become "attached" to her in a secret way. Though it is all so taboo, he loves her like she is more than a sister. He, being the thoughtful fellow he is, obviously argues with himself over this all of the time. "It's not OK" he tells himself. But his feelings don't acknowledge his self-convincing attempts.

As he looks over, he sees her long, soft, and silky blond hair that comes down to her shoulders. He sees her delicate, gorgeous, 20 year old face breathing quietly as she fully rests. He sees her comfortable lounge wear for the long unendurable rides. He sees her barely hidden medium-sized breasts as she is curled into a ball for warmth.

He could never fully deny is sexual attraction to his own blood. It could be something about the setting the two are in: two siblings on the run for safety. He realizes that he has never given her this much attention when things were normal, perhaps it is. But he also can't get out of his head the depressing thought that she could very well be the last woman he will ever know.

In all of this, he manages to sleep again.

Does something happen in the middle of the night? Does the journey continue?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)