More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Sival Sival

Who's gonna take the exam?

Izuku Midoriya

"YOUNG MIDORIYA!" All Might's booming voice easily cut through the idle, if subdued, chatter of class 1-A as they got ready to leave for lunch. "Could I possibly speak with you in private for a moment?"

"U-uh, of course, Mr. All Might, Sir!" Izuku nodded, throwing everything into his bag before scampering out the door as fast as he could, eyes on him as he left. The titan of a man flashed him a thumbs up as they walked to the teacher's lounge.

"S-so, what did you need to see me for, All Might?" Izuku asked, watching his teacher deflate from his muscle form as he sat at one of the desks. "I-is this about the attack at the USJ last week? Did you find out anything? Was it some old enemy of yours you thought defeated? Maybe someone who is following their ideology or was groomed to be their successor? Maybe..." Izuku started rambling question after question off, answering them or dismissing them in rapid fire himself before All Might could get a word in edgewise.

"Oh boy." All Might brought a hand to his face, running it down the skeletal features with a small smile. "Midoriya!"

The Green Haired boy snapped to attention, his mouth closing with a click so loud All Might wondered if he'd cracked a tooth.

"While it is about the incident at the USJ, it's not so much anything regarding the villains. It's more about you, and your classmates as well. We, the faculty here at UA, have noticed that your class has been more, well, peculiar since then. Not anything supremely shocking, given what you all went through, but still enough to warrant some concern. Principal Nezu is going to be working with Hound Dog, our on site, pro hero councilor to help ferret out any problems that may have arose in our students psyche's because of it. Fighting for your lives is obviously not something students such as yourselves, aspiring heroes or not, should have to deal with."

All Might shifted in his seat, opening a drawer and pulling out a packet of paper. "Now, I won't pretend to know most of the students I teach all that well yet, but I know you, young Midoriya. As such, I can tell that while this incident has not shaken your resolve, that fire that burns so brightly in your soul, it has still set you back a bit in regards of thinking yourself worthy."

Izuku balled his hands up, looking slightly down. "I'm sorry, All Might."

"Young Midoriya," All Might put on his best comforting voice, one that he'd had to put to use so many times in his life. "There's nothing to feel sorry for. You all preformed admirably, and it's testament to not just your resolve, but all of your class's abilities that no one was seriously injured, and from what I've heard through the grape vine, you pulled a stunt most heroic when saving Young Asui from the lead villain and certain at his hand." All Might smiled so brightly, one could almost hear the gleam. "I cannot be any more proud of that fact, Young Man. HOWEVER!" All Might bellowed, shifting back to his muscle form, startling Midoriya enough that he almost fell backwards in his chair. "While I do not know your classmates all that well, I know you! And you can't go doubting yourself because some villains decided to grow enough of a spine to try and attack this school, a bastion of strength and JUSTICE! SO, HERE'S WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO!"

All Might slapped the packet of papers onto the desk with a mighty *WHAM*, Izuku's attention to look at it as All Might pushed the papers toward him. "YOU WILL BE TAKING THIS TEST!"

"A-a test?" Izuku questioned. "What kind of test?"

"I'm glad you asked." All Might smirked, blood dribling between his teeth as he deflated once more. "It's one of those fake resumes or placement tests. I picked it up at a local flea market the other day, looking for something that could help you build up that confidence for the short term. So, this is my unofficial homework for you, Young Midoriya! Take this home tonight, and answer it with all the bluster and bravo you can! Answer in whatever ways it takes to reinforce the idea that you are truly a hero, regardless if it's a little fib and have a laugh. Take it from me, if you can't have fun with these things you'll never get used to interviews or the like! So go wild with it!"

Izuku reached out for the packet of papers, taking them and putting them alongside his other homework for the day in his backpack. "O-okay, All Might. If you think it'll work, I'm sure it will." Izuku stood, bowing repeatedly at his mentor. "I'll try my best!"

"That's what I want to hear!" All Might laughed, shooing the boy off. "Now, go eat lunch with your friends, my boy! The Sports Festival is coming up, and you'll be too busy to socialize at school very soon!"

That same night, Izuku slumped at his desk, all of his official homework done and checked over multiple times just to be sure. "Oh boy, that's still a lot of work." Izuku said, shaking out his hand and popping the knuckles. "Now I just have to do that test thing All Might gave me, and I can crash."

Yawning a bit, Izuku took the packet he had received from The Symbol of Peace earlier and put it on his desk.

"Let's see what this is all about, then." Izuku muttered to himself, all the while All Might's advice/orders regarding it repeated in his mind. "The first question is..."

Author's note: For the purposes of this story, UA is a University, not a high school. Therefore, all characters engaging in sexual activity are 18+ years of age. I originally posted this story over on the BEArchive unending addventure. Here's a link if you want to see the first iteration of this story.

What is the first question, and the first answer?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)